These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Recording an HD500 Dry Signal, Applying Modling Later in DAW
by zebonebo on 2011-01-23 15:10:30

I have the POD X3 Live now, and I record the dry signal via USB into my DAW.  I later (after all editing) use the POD Farm VST plugin to apply the various amp, cab, effect models to my dry signal.  Can I do this same kind of thing using the POD HD 500?  I read that HD 500 is not compatible with POD Farm, so how would I record a dry signal, then modify that signal later form within my DAW?

Thanks,

Zeb.

Re: Recording an HD500 Dry Signal, Applying Modling Later in DAW
by silverhead on 2011-01-23 15:23:06

The HD500 does not provide a dry signal directly over its usb/ASIO driver, but you can obtain a dry signal by using the HD500 Dual Path capabilities and its mixer appropriately. Create one path with no processing, pan the two paths fully L/R in the mixer to seperate them, and then select only the Dry path (the L or R side of the mix) for recording in your DAW.

As you point out, there is no HD processing available as a plugin. So it would actually be simpler to use your X3 to record the dry signal directly, then apply whatever plugin you have/want.

Re: Recording an HD500 Dry Signal, Applying Modling Later in DAW
by TheRealZap on 2011-01-23 15:26:16

by not compatible with pod farm it means that the hd500 won't authorize pod farm...

you can still use the hd500 for your interface, and use pod farm plugin on the tracks... BUT... in order to use pod farm the x3 needs to be plugged in.... does NOT require that you use the x3.... just have it plugged in.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.