These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

How do I save patches to footswitch?
by CatfishTX on 2011-01-24 16:28:35

After reading the manual a million  times (I still cannot believe they didn't give us a paper copy) I  finally got a sound I was looking for.

I am using the "User 1" tones.  I  created two tones I wanted (1A and 2A I think?) but I cannot switch  between one another using the footswitches.  Meaning, I have to use the  up and down arrows... find the patch, THEN select it.  How do I set it  to where 1A is the firstfoot switch and 2A is the second, and so on and  so forth.

Can  anyone tell me how to do this/point me out to the page in the manual  where it explains how?

Thanks,

Catfish

Re: How do I save patches to footswitch?
by Hey_Joe on 2011-01-24 16:41:58

You do that in SET UP MODE

See the Knob #1 set up FS Mode?

set up ABCD.jpg

it's in the Manual on page 2·2 your choice of ABCD or FS5-FS8

The only thing is, that I've found  about FS5 - FS8 - it seems like it is designed to be sort of like a regular pedal board  with all slots loaded and you use it as if it was a old school pedal  board loaded with a number of pedals (7 or 8 stomp effects) depending on if you have an amp in  the chain and all you can do is have a Set List of 16 scenarios and can only access by using the up down foot switches. This only gives you 16 choices instead of 64.

by CatfishTX on 2011-01-24 17:02:22

Edit:

Okay, I see what you are talking about.  Thanks a lot!

I had another question however...Is there a way to add a patch that's on "best of" and copy it to "user 1" also?

I use the breath phaser a lot... but instead of copying it to a T, is there a way to transfer the patch to User 1 and still keep it in "best of hd500" also?

Message was edited by: CatfishTX

by moseve on 2011-01-24 17:15:05

If you press an hold the "View" button to enter setup you can change the FS Mode.  You want it in ABCD, not FS 5-8.  This way you can use the bottom four (ABCD) footswitches to change patches.  Also, when you save a patch you can choose the location where want to save it and you can name it as well.  Hope this helps.  Mario

by moseve on 2011-01-24 17:19:29

You can copy patches and move them around using the Edit software.  It pretty user friendly.  Mario

by jeff5x0 on 2011-01-24 17:31:41

yes. Go to the patch you want. Hit save on the Pod. It will enter a screen where you can choose where you want to save (ex. user1 1a......twist knob 1 to change set list, knob 2 to choose bank and preset number. Knobs 3 and 4 are for naming it.) and you can re-name as well. Then hit save again and it will save it on User 1 1A.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.