These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Audio present when exiting silent tuner mode w/ pedal in Heel Down
by rodzimguitar68 on 2011-01-27 06:08:35

Rich,

I know L6 just recently updated the HD500 software.  However, the one noticeable performance issue I've been having does not appear to have been addressed.

I can put the HD500 on board expression pedal, which I've setup as a volume in the "pre" position of the signal chain, to heel down, or "completely off" so that I have no guitar sound coming through it.  Then step on my tap button to enter tuner mode.  Tune the guitar, then step on the tap button to escape out of tuner mode.  When I do that, I can hear the trails of my delays from the high E string, coming through pretty loudly.

It is very awkward in quiet parts of a performance - in my case a worship set in front of 1,500 people.

This has to be a software thing that could be fixed.  If the expression pedal is in heel down - no sound should sneak by when exiting tuner mode.

Thanks

www.myspace.com/rodneyzimmerman68

www.youtube.com/rodzimguitar68

Re: Audio present when exiting silent tuner mode w/ pedal in Heel Down
by phil_m on 2011-01-27 06:14:05

First of all, who's Rich?

Anyway, where do you have the volume pedal in your signal chain?  This does sort of sound like a bug, but if you're volume pedal is pre, I could foresee a situation happening like what you're describing if you have the trails parameter on and delay a higher feedback level.

by rodzimguitar68 on 2011-01-27 06:24:48

I have the volume/wah first in the chain, then compression, delay, and the amp model.  I want that "musical dissonance" you get when you run a bunch of pedals, including delay, into an overdriven combo or stack.

I can email you a sound that exhibits the glitch, if you give me your email address.  The only other things you're going to notice is I run an effect loop (looping my M13 through there) and I have an M-Audio expression pedal in pedal2 as a wet/dry mix for the delays.

by phil_m on 2011-01-27 06:43:04

You can actually post files here.  There's a little button underneath the text box for the reply that says "Attach Files".  That would probably be easier than email.  Also, it would allow for more people to look at the file.

by talbotpat on 2011-01-27 08:53:38

Are you running 1.20 firmware?  Have you tried:

1. Removing volume pedal effect, then re-adding volume pedal effect and then making sure to save the patch with the heel down.

2. Assigning the expression pedal to the output setting on the amp(s) and saving the patch heel down.

One or both of these should change the behavior if you are hitting the 'volume spike' issue, which from your description seems to be the case.

Pat

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.