These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider I / II / III

Line 6 Spider III, 75 Watt amp doesn't work ???????
by mjackr on 2011-01-28 02:13:21

I just bought a Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt amp. I have the power turned on, the foot board powered up, the guitar plugged in and I get no sound from the amp. The control panel on the front of the amp is lit, I've tried disconnecting the express footboard. The guitar has a toggle switch with 3 settings and none of them have any affect ' I do get a humming noise when I turn up the volume or if the guitar gets near the amp. Is there some setting or switch that that I am failing to set properly? I am a housebound 62 year old guitar rookie on disability that must be going through my second childhood; but I'll be dipped if I can get this thing to work. Anyone have any idea ? Thank you in advance if you do.... Mickey from Buffalo           ...mjackr@adelphia.net    716 480 3229

Re: Line 6 Spider III, 75 Watt amp doesn't work ???????
by Jim_L on 2011-02-16 04:37:30

I assume that when you bought it that you did from a music store and tried it there (or someone did for you).

1 - Did it work before you had it?

2 - My 2nd thought is that you need to try another cable just to rule out signal path problems.

3 - The amp is dead, send out for service (and wait....) or get your money back....;>)

by vibbertjoe on 2011-03-05 05:49:41

I recently bought a used Line 6 Spider III, and am wondering what/if any of the current (or older) software will interface with the amp.

Any how to tips out there?

by mjackr on 2011-03-05 10:56:40

Jim-thanks for the reply---I bought everything on ebay and the problem ended up being a faulty plug in on the guitar...$20.00 and ready to go...thanks again....Mickey

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.