These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

BUG: midi preferences in Podfarm2 not remembered
by vries on 2011-02-01 03:43:01

as posted before I would like to know please when the following podfarm2 bug will be fixed:

when selecting the midi-devices you wish to use in podfarm, the settings are not remembered when restarting podfarm2.

this a big problem for me for several reasons, for example:

Programchange messages sent  from several of my mididevices to other plugins are also received by Podfarm2-standalone causing unwanted changes.

I want to send  programchange messages to PF-plugin to change presets in a setlist, these programchanges are then also received by PF-standalone which causes conflicts and crashes.

This means I cannot make full use of Podfarm2's midi capabilities.

thank you.

RE: BUG: midi preferences in Podfarm2 not remembered
by ricksox on 2011-02-04 13:01:30

This has definitely been logged as a bug and our engineering department has visibility of it.

I do not have an ETA on a fix but we have relayed this issue to engineering.

Line6Miller

Re: RE: BUG: midi preferences in Podfarm2 not remembered
by vries on 2011-02-06 02:15:52

I hope this will be treated with urgency as the midi-capabilities of Podfarm2 were advertised as being a major feature improvement of Podfarm1, but as it stands now, this feature is severely crippled.

Re: podfarm 2.5 BUG: midi preferences in Podfarm2 not remembered
by vries on 2011-06-05 02:20:41

so with the new version there is still no bugfix for this problem???!!!

Regarding the many problems people are experiencing there is no reason for me to update to PF 2.5.

Only improvement seems to be 64bit support and hardware independence (which, if it works, are good improvements of course)

RE: BUG: midi preferences in Podfarm2 not remembered
by Line6Don on 2011-06-06 09:23:02

Hey vries,

Thank you for your concern and bringing this back up to our attention. I will forward these findings to our engineering department to try and work on this for a future release of POD Farm.

Thank you.

by vries on 2011-06-16 03:59:15

thanks for the reply but since this bug was reported half a year ago and I got the same reply then, this really does not fuel my expectations for a bugfix.

Can'''t help it but I am a bit disappointed by Line6 lately.

Regards

by Kneehow on 2011-06-16 09:39:57

Hi Rene. I understand your position. Please understand ours (as Support Reps)... all we can do here is gather info, offer whatever tips/advice we can provide publicly and in cases of bugs: we log them so our software team can evaluate them and decide on prioritization for "fix".

There are some reasons for decision-making in our company that are unknown to us here in Support. We can only relay to and from the outside world, but executive decisions (like a new software build and it's fixes) are not something that we here on the Forums have any power over aside from logging the bug and continuing to add to the bug for visibility.

Users can also add "weight" by contacting the Product Developers directly here: http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

For example, some of the changes to previous amplifier firmware builds were in direct response to an overwhelming amount of requests that went to Product Development from that link that I just pasted above. If enough people keep submitting their thoughts/concerns, then there would be quantifiable "compelling" data that would probably sway some action faster.

Unfortunately, just posting a single or few "bug findings" here on the User Forum may not guarantee any action. What it will do is have one of us try to repro. If confirmed by one of us, we log an internal bug. At that point, it's up to others in the company to make a decision.

Sorry about your frustration. I understand it, because ideally I'd love to be able to say "guess what, Rene? There's a new release that has the bug fix you brought to our attention!". Then everyone is happy.

I'll will another comment to the bug for visibility's sake to document our communication here today.

by vries on 2011-06-17 01:31:26

Firstly thanks for the elaborate respons. Unfortunately it does not help me solve my problem with a Line6-product.

I do not think the productfeedback-link here is relevant since we are dealing with a softwarebug as you yourself confirmed.

However, your statement about ""posting a single or a few bug findings"" confuses me: do you or do you not regard this as a bug? were you able to reproduce and is it logged as an ""internal bug"" (please clarify ""internal"")?.

If so, then please relay this to your customers by logging it in the Podfarm bugs and known issues-list.

I cannot imagine that such a bug is unimportant for most users, it is certainly very important for me and should be for Line6 since midi-capabilities were advertised as being a big improvement over previous versions.

As much as I appreciate you taking the time to reply, I am dissatisfied with the way Line6 provides productsupport and this  is a reoccurring problem for Line6''s customers: you are making a distinction between yourself as Line6-Support Representatives and Line6-The Company. In my opinion this is not fair: it allows the Suport Representatives to not take full responsibility for the product-bugs and it robs the customers from the product-guarantee they really deserve.

I hope you can understand my view: when I buy a product from a company I expect productsupport from that same company, not from a representative who states he is (partly) not affiliated with the people who actually sold me the product. I appreciate that Line6 support policy is not your personal responsibility but please remember you are the only one the customer can talk to.

Regards

by ruairiau on 2011-08-03 18:13:59

No offense Line6Perry, but what use it reporting bugs here if your dev team can just ignore it?

Your product doesn't work as intended, we have made reasonable attempts to make Line 6 aware of the problem and thus this inaction has rendered POD Farm unfit for the purpose of which I bought it for.

It's now 8 months since I reported the issue, I can see that vries has been complaining about it too. I'm well within my rights to seek a refund, but I don't want to go down that path. How about you people at Line 6 start talking to each other and get something done.

by vries on 2012-01-11 02:00:15

as far as I know, this bug is still not fixed.

It has been more than ONE YEAR since it was reported.........

http://line6.com/support/message/305998#305998

http://line6.com/support/message/316689#316689

by vries on 2012-01-18 03:32:17

correction: it has been over ONE YEAR and ONE MONTH since this bug was reported.

Would Line6 care to comment on the bugfix progress please?

by vries on 2012-01-20 01:24:09

Unfortunately it seems to me that Line6 is not willing to communicate about this matter anymore. Marking a question as answered is very easy but it does not mean the problem is solved.

This is very disappointing and also confusing to me: obviously loosing a loyal customer does not bother them?

by TheRealZap on 2012-01-20 04:29:47

support... the people that read the forums and answer the questions... honestly do not know what the developers are working on, what their priorities are, etc... they get notified after something is ready for release....

i'm not sure that they see this thread anymore either after it is marked answered.

you've probably already done this... but this is the only way to talk to the developers:

http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/">http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/">http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

and honestly, they're the only ones that can really fix your problem anyway.

by vries on 2012-01-27 05:52:10

We all know Support is our only way of contacting Line6, the productfeedback is like a black hole: everything goes in but you don't know if anything comes out, nothing has at my end.

I stated before that I find this seperation of support and the rest of the company unacceptable: it is a elegant way of denying a customer support.

At least after more than a year they could say: "We're sorry but since you are one of a few experiencing this bug, fixing this is not a priority to us, it was not our intention to mislead you with our advertising".

Marking the thread as answered is an easy way out for Line6 but leaves me with a product that does not function as advertised, simple as that.

Hence a loyal customer is lost.

by TheRealZap on 2012-01-27 06:10:47

i happen to know that the link is not a black hole, and all of the submissions do get read.

only small software companies have support and development mingled as you suggest...

fact is it's hard to find good developers, and you wouldn't want them taking calls from customers rather than fixing code or creating things...

the end result you seek sounds simple enough... but that doesn't mean that its simple to program...

i'm a certified java developer and i hate programming... because every fix has the potential to break other things...

anyway i'm sorry your frustrated, and some feedback would be nice for sure...

if i was as bothered as you are, i'd submit another request to the link above...

and open another forum post, marked as a question... asking support to check with the developers regarding this...

it won't hurt to ask, at the very least they should be able to confirm that it's been properly logged in as a bug and is being worked on...

by vries on 2012-09-05 06:51:32

just to let you know the new year is approaching

Re: BUG: midi preferences in Podfarm2 not remembered
by ruairiau on 2012-09-13 17:07:04

Hooray!!! It only took nearly 2 years for this stupid bug to be fixed, long enough for 2 of my line 6 devices to reach the end of their manufacture life. Great job guys, I'll never buy a line 6 product again.

Re: BUG: midi preferences in Podfarm2 not remembered
by vries on 2012-09-14 05:33:35

the bug is fixed???!!!

Line6 doesn't even bother to inform me???? They stated before they would be very happy if they were able to .

Maybe I should not have stated my departure as a loyal customer?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.