These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Distortion on everything. Hardware related?
by Blackbane on 2011-02-01 16:08:01

I've had this pod for 6 years.

Suddenly, every patch has distortion on it, and no matter how low I set all the inputs (guitar, output, chan volume) or having all of the stompboxes/amp sims off or on.... I get distortion, and the clip signal goes haywire. I've tried multiple guitars, output modes, patch cords... but same effect. Clip signal even on tiny volumes.

I reinstalled the flash and firmware returning to factory defaults... nothing.  I updated all the drivers in monkey and then the Pod... nothing.

any ideas?

i can send you an audio clip of the sound if that gives you any clues. Tell me where to email. .Just to narrow down the problem for you: This is not computer recording related. I play it through my effects loop in my amp (havnt changed guitars/amps in years) but it also is duplicated when I plug it into the computer.thanks a bundle!

RE: Distortion on everything. Hardware related?
by Kneehow on 2011-02-04 14:05:11

Your symptoms indicate a problem in the hardware/mainboard that is affecting the ability of the DSP firmware to process audio correctly. The only solution in a situation such as yours is to have a repair technician diagnose and fix the hardware component causing the issue.

In Canada, most Long & McQuade stores are Line 6 Service Centers. For clarification, you can always give SF Marketing (our Canadian Line 6 Distributor) a call: 514-780-2070 and they can provide more specific servicing info for our Canadian customers.

Regards,

L6Perry

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.