These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Line 6 X2 Digital Wireless

Relay G50 cable
by Guitmark on 2011-02-03 09:07:32

You're kidding with the cable length for the Relay G50, right? I can't use it on my strap, must put it in my back pocket. Do you make a longer cable?

RE: Relay G50 cable
by Line6david on 2011-02-04 10:46:08

Hi,

Several other companies including Telex and Shure make TA4F to TS Cables, prehaps one of those manufactures will have the length you are looking for:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/WA302/

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: Relay G50 cable
by Brasso on 2011-09-29 13:27:54

...sorry to bring this up so long after the original post but, Guitmark is right The cable supplied is too short. Leaving aside the failure that I have experienced why not just make the thing longer and more robust ?

Cheers

Dave

Re: Relay G50 cable
by dboomer on 2011-10-02 12:38:06

I can't use it on my strap, must put it in my back pocket. Do you make a longer cable?

The transmitter should not be used in a pocket.  By doing so you will cut down on the range of the system and possible experience dropouts.

We do not make a longer cable as we expect the transmitter to be strap mounted ... although 3rd party cables are available.

by Azurescens on 2012-04-24 19:07:08

I have to agree entirely with the aforementioned complaints regarding cable length - not to mention the fact that it's a straight 1/4" jack. I purchased the WA302 from Shure that you recommend just to have an L-shaped input, but they only offer it in something like 2' length as well.

There is ultimately almost no way to get the unit out of the way of my guitar when jumping around... it bangs the top edge of my PRS Custom 22 and has already caused finish chipping. It also falls off constantly for the same reason... it's too close to the guitar, even with the after-market third party L-shaped cable.

Over the years I've watched every major act I've ever loved perform wirelessly with the unit on their strap somewhere in the vicinity of the player's middle-back. This unit is on my hip at best. Is there STILL no legitimate alternative?

Thanks for reading!!!

- Az

by millerguitar on 2012-04-25 07:44:22

Mark will make you whatever  you want.  AND the price is right.

http://lavacable.com/index.php?id=127

by stormstereo on 2012-09-19 06:55:20

Same opinion here. Definitely too short. Line6 should ship with longer and sell spare ones. Pouches for the transmitters would also be nice for those who need'em.

by retnuh on 2012-11-17 12:37:18

Just bought one yesterday and man, this cable won't even hardly reach the strap on my Flying V's, let alone be in the correct place to put it on the strap. It doesn't reach near far enough on my Explorer and LP either and just wants to swing out there on the strap right in the best place to bash a dent in it. This is a great piece of equipment but what a joke to have to fork out $35 for a longer cable when I just bought a $400 piece of gear. It's hard to believe such an advanced piece of equipment can have one part that is a major design fail in both length and lacking a right angle end option. Has to be a way for them to save money because it's hard to believe the same engineer that designed this beautiful thing could miss something that is so important. Maybe they are all short people with short arms, who knows? Thanks to millerguitar for the tip to LavaCable and Mark has one on the way to me right now.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.