These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

JTV 59 malfunction other than know switch problem
by steele9999 on 2011-02-03 16:52:29

I already have a support ticket open for my guitar on the JTV-59 switch issue. I know have another problem.

If I plug my JTV 59 into my POD HD500 everything seems to work properly (with the exception of the switch problem)

If I plug the guitar straight into a guitar amp (1/4" jack) I have no sound.

If I plug the guitar into the computer to use the workbench I get this message:

Could not connect to the Tyler Variax. Please check all MIDI and power connections and click refresh in the Tone Locker.

I tried that and can't get the USB port to see the Variax.  The connection module has a green light on the USB side but a Red light on the Variax In side.

Do I need another support ticket?  How much longer before the swithc problem is addressed?  Can this be fixed at the same time?

Thanks

Rick Sarlo

Re: JTV 59 malfunction other than know switch problem
by MartinHines on 2011-02-03 17:48:17

When you plug into the Workbench USB device, do you also have a 1/4" cable connected at the same time?

I had a similar problem until I realized that at 1/4" cable must be connected in order for the JTV to use its battery.

If you are connected to another power source (like a POD) the JTV gets power from that device.  However with USB alone, the JTV has to be forced to use its onboard battery pack.

by ozbadman on 2011-02-03 18:28:50

And actually, it sounds like your connections to your 1/4" may be no good. I think this may work if you plug into the VDI instead of the 1/4" since that will turn it on, but can't recall. ie: plug in the VDI as well as the USB.

by steele9999 on 2011-02-03 21:35:56

Thanks for the info.  Last night I had the 1/4" jack connected and the USB port would not recognize the variax.  Tonight, I reinstalled the USB driver and got the same thing until I read your post.  Yes plugging in the 1/4" jack let Workbench see the guitar. Unfortunatley there is still no sound output from the 1/4" jack.

RE: JTV 59 malfunction other than know switch problem
by Kneehow on 2011-02-04 15:13:57

Please check your Support Ticket: http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Our Service Department Administrator has sent you important info via the ticketing system.

Regards,

L6Perry

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.