These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

Will there be an upgrade with new hot rodded Variax engine for Variax 700?
by rextunes on 2011-02-03 19:34:02

Will there be an upgrade with new hot rodded Variax engine for Variax 700?

Re: Will there be an upgrade with new hot rodded Variax engine for Variax 700?
by TheRealZap on 2011-02-03 19:44:21

no

Re: Will there be an upgrade with new hot rodded Variax engine for Variax 700?
by JellyWheat on 2011-02-04 03:01:30

To add to what Zap said...

NO!

+1 Zap

JellyWheat

[FWIW: This is one of my pet peeves with the whole Variax idea. If I could buy a US-Made JTV59 that accommodated plug-in Line 6 modules that could be swapped out for repair/upgrade, I would probably be right on the bandwagon, because the Variax is a great tool when and if it works as it is supposed to. As is the case with any other great technological innovation, there are early adopters who will put up with the bugs inherent with any radically new product. I, however, am not one of them. I prefer to wait until the product concept has matured a little bit. I find Line 6 takes a long time in this regard. I also get too much inspiration from a well-crafted guitar to give that up. With what little I know how to play, a good instruments lets me fly with the eagles. With an Asian Variax, I fly with the chickens. But a custom shop JTV59 or 69 with refreshable modules... WOW!!!  J/W]

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.