These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

JTV-89 and upgraded vetta combo
by kellybwilde on 2011-02-06 06:40:23

I am thinking about gettin a jtv-89

and I own an upgraded vetta combo.

Will they work with each other?

I have heard some people having problems

with the JTV-69 and vetta.

Is it the same with the 89?

Re: JTV-89 and upgraded vetta combo
by MartinHines on 2011-02-06 08:38:54

All of the JTV models (59,69, and 89) have the identical Variax computer components and would act identically with Workbench or Line 6 POD hardware.

Re: JTV-89 and upgraded vetta combo
by johnnyayyy on 2011-02-06 20:24:51

kellybwilde wrote:

I am thinking about gettin a jtv-89

and I own an upgraded vetta combo.

Will they work with each other?

I have heard some people having problems

with the JTV-69 and vetta.

Is it the same with the 89?

If there are problems with Vetta it will be the same no matter the JTV, BUT...

there is at least one person here using JTV with Vetta with no problem at all, if you follow his directions you should be able to make it work (I have a Vetta II and a JTV on order, will be testing JTV with Vetta when my guitar arrives but it may be months until I can confirm it is working properly).

Here is the post on how to make it work:

gjahnig wrote:

Hi There:

I'm   a proud new owner of a JTV-69 and have had no problems with switching   patches on my Vetta II HD.  It may be due to the fact that I have two   earlier Variax models - a Vraiax 500 and a Variax Acoustic.  When I   plugged my JTV into the Vetta with the digital cable, it displayed that   the Variax Acoustic was paired with the Vetta.  So, while I agree with   most of the posters here that there is no setting on the Vetta for the   JTV, it DID find the guitar.

A couple of things I noticed with my setup...

I   cannot use the midi interface on the Vetta II to utilize the Variax   Workbench.  I tried and tried but no deal.  It wasn't until I hooked up   the USB Interface and deleted all JTV midi references in Workbench  that  everything worked.  I created 2 new guitars and tunings for the  "Custom"  settings on the JTV and it worked just fine.

Also,   I was able to save these custom guitars into a patch on the Vetta.  In   my case, I cannot just hit save on the Vetta.  I have to scroll  through  all the guitars until I find the one I want to save with the  patch and  then save.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.