These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Pod HD500 "cuts" the sound when trying to record-play media
by maxguitarrista on 2011-02-06 18:09:06

hey guys, it's my very first post , well, i've recorded with 0 problem connecting the hd500 to the usb port at my desktop ( 4gb ram and a AMD Phenom x4 955 cpu )using cubase as recorder, but when i try to record with my laptop (3gb ram and a intel core p8600 dual core)  the backing track recording randomly "cuts" for like 1-2s seconds in intervals of 10-30 seconds .also I can hear my guitar, but not the sound that is coming from my PC in those random"cuts". this also happens when i try to see a youtube video, or listen to music (with my podhd500 connected) and when I disconnect the hd500 I have no problems, I dont know if it's a USB problem or a cpu problem or whatever, please guys help me..

Best Regards.

Max

Re: Pod HD500 "cuts" the sound when trying to record-play media
by silverhead on 2011-02-06 20:17:16

It sounds like stuttering to me, indicating that your computer is having trouble managing its resources (RAM, CPU) while communicating with the HD500. You might need to adjust the buffer size by going into the control panel called Line 6 Audio-MIDI Devices. Experiment with different settings and see if that helps.

by maxguitarrista on 2011-02-06 20:45:20

well. I've already tried that, it doesn't work that much, it still stutters, i dont know what could be the cause, Any Ideas?

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-02-07 06:55:27

What make and model is the laptop?  Do you know if it utilises and internal USB hub and is it USB 2.0?

Thanks

Nick

by TheRealZap on 2011-02-07 07:53:45

as an expirement i would try flipping of the wireless if you have an external switch to do so...

obviously you would need to have a local source to try playback...

but for some reason, i've seen the wireless card cause alot of drops like that.

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-02-07 08:16:32

Yes - good point re; the wireless adapter.  I forgot to mention it...

by maxguitarrista on 2011-02-07 12:58:56

well it's a Dell studio 1555, and no, i dont know anything about the usb :S ... thank you very much

by maxguitarrista on 2011-02-08 09:01:56

THAT WORKED!!! Thank you very much dude!!! the notebook had no external switch, but I turned it off manually from the devices manager.

I LOVE YOU hahahah

Best Regards

Max

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.