These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

Bursts of Static on recorded songs and can't download firmware
by rickk6 on 2011-02-08 13:21:41

Let's try this again.  Previously I asked for assistance but all suggested ideas have failed.  Problem with my Spider Jam.  I've read and read even Joe's blog but can't fix my sound problems and downloading of FW.Bin file.  First, problem after saving my recordings to Wav in SJ "some" recordings when listened to on computer have very annoying bursts of static or whatever.  Called line 6 tech and suggested I reinstall flash memory.  When thru all that but SJ fails to recognize FW. Bin file.  Read thru Joe's blog and followed all instructions to no avail.  Bought new SD care (sandisk) which did not correct my problems.

On SJ no problem saving recording to a wav file onto sd card.  However, once on sd card if I want to erase recording on card SJ says "No Rec in Line 6 Folder."  But there is a recording in line 6 folder.

Anyway here's the problems:

1) horrible noise on some recorded songs when played on computer (not all song recordings however).

2) SJ unable to recognize the FW.Bin file (Firmware Not Found in Root Directory) even though it is there.

3) SJ does not recognize I have recorded files (wav or jam files) on card so won't erase.  Only way to erase is to format card.

I have done the following:

1) Formatted numerous times

2) Read other forums and read thru Joe's Jam Blog

3) Called Tech support who had no idea about noise so suggested I reinstall flash memory (fw.bin).  Did that.

4) SJ does not recgonize fw.bin in directory even though it is in Line 5 directory.

5) Ran L6(MD5)Checksum to verify quality of fw.bin download.  Seems to be okay.

6) Tried new SD card only to have same problem

HELP!!!!

Re: Bursts of Static on recorded songs and can't download firmware
by joegillespie on 2011-02-09 01:05:17

...which only leaves...a hardware problem. I think that you need to take this amp to a service center and have it checked over. There may be a loose connection or a faulty component. They just swap components until they get one that works.

You can get contact details for you nearest hardware center in the :: Support menu above.

Re: Bursts of Static on recorded songs and can't download firmware
by rickk6 on 2011-02-09 13:44:35

Fortunately the SJ is still under warranty.  There's a service center a couple of hours away.  Guess that's the next best option.  Thanks Joe for your assistance. 

RE: Bursts of Static on recorded songs and can't download firmware
by Line6Hugo on 2011-02-11 10:20:46

+1 to Joe's suggestion. Sounds like it needs to be taken to an authorized service center:

http://line6.com/service_centers/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.