These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

Thomann announces delivery delayed to JULY 20th in Europe
by philGre on 2011-02-10 01:45:59

Hi all,

I just received confirmation from Thomann that Line6  postponed JTV first shipment in Europe to July 20th

As Rich announced sone time ago he would come in February in UK to check first EU batch, it seems a really bad surprise.

Any details from other retailers? Any communication from Line6 to help understanding this new important delay? Is it the same in US?

Thanks for your feedbacks

Cheers

Philippe

Re: Thomann announces delivery delayed to JULY 20th in Europe
by pappywatts on 2011-02-10 04:23:51

Rich posted this a few days back:-

"I am going to the UK on the 14 to work with the guys there getting out the first few hundred guitars to Europe."

I'm still  waiting for a reply from Thomann, sent a detailed question to them regarding  deliveries this year, and also

dependant on preordered items  for customers as far back as July/August last year, regarding original price, and pricing for new customers.

I'm hopeful Rich's statement above  is kosher, and Thomann's web site is an updated catalogue price for new customers for further shipments, they did state

a few months back that the initial shipment expected was sold out....

So not panicking yet....have got my anti-panic glasses on...

by Sampo72 on 2011-02-10 04:24:21

Did you contact Thomann or did they inform you?

I ordered and paid in full my CAR '69 15SEP2010 and they have contacted me only once (09DEC2010). I read somewhere from their site that my 'contact person' oversees order in every five working days and updates the customer when necessary. I guess it was not necessary when they postponed my order only by month at time, but they don't contact me when the order is postponed five months? 

I will wait and try not think or/and be pissed about the situation, but in hindsight if I had choice of Variax in June or Roland GR-55 end of this month, I would choose the latter. And I would not order it from Thomann, that's for sure. 

Yeah, I guess I am not a fanboi at the moment.

Thanks for listening,

Sampo

by pappywatts on 2011-02-10 04:30:08

See edited post above...

by philGre on 2011-02-10 07:44:55

Hi guys,

I received the confirmation mail from Thomann after I asked them if the delay was concerning all deliveries including my order placed last year

So to me it means no JTV i nThomann's warehouse before July, even for the guys who preordered

by BrookieBob on 2011-02-10 20:22:02

I can confirm this - I received this communication from Thomann on Wednesday the 9th (keep in mind that the previous delivery date was the 28th of February, as communicated from Line 6 to Thomann) - and Thomann have been helpful and understanding:

"I'm writing to you because we have an update on the delivery time of your Line6 guitar # xxxxxx

- but it's a very bad one, I'm so sorry to have to tell you.... Our supplier has shifted the expected delivery date to mid/end of July now 

Please let us know if you still can wait so long, or not (I really would understand that as well). Or if you would like us to offer a nice alternative to you..."

I'm wondering what has happened - to have a time blow out from a couple of months to ultimately 8 months from my original order placement in December is honestly rather poor. We're not talking about a new superjet or CAT scan machine, but a guitar (albeit a high-tech guitar) - one that has been planned for a lot longer than this.

Are we awaiting a new grove of mahogany to reach maturity before it can be cut and formed into a guitar body? If it's problems with component suppliers, tell them that they will have to make up the profit shortfall from the delay - then watch them hurry. Whatever the bottleneck is, Line 6 have to fix this quicker or you will lose sales.

I've already sold my Variax 700 (and waited a while to do this)  - as this is my major performance tool I'll have to find something else in the interim.

I'll investigate trying to get a JTV-59 TSB quicker elsewhere - I'm not waiting another 6 months - I can't afford to. I may have to pull the plug on this.

It's wonderful reading all about the good experences people are (usually) having with their JTV's in North America - but if most of the rest of the world isn't invited to the party then we'll have to find something else to do it for us.

Rich - I would welcome your feedback on this. I understand you can't keep everyone happy, but another 6 months - you need to get your MD to intervene with whoever is holding you up from making this a 100% success.

by pappywatts on 2011-02-11 00:28:57

Gooday....

Hi....you placed your order in December, and think seven months is too long to wait....

Some of us early  European adopters ordered and paid back in the summer last year, so a year's wait for us by your calculation...

Whether you consider that fair or not is a matter of opinion...

Whether the dealers want us to cancel, and resell at the now higher price is a matter of speculation.

Thomann's site when you login to your account shows the status of your order

Mine reads this:-

this order contains positions which are sold out.

This applies to customers who preordered early last year, I'm still waiting for a definitive reply on delivery for my order from Thomann;

and also waiting for Rich to confirm the next batch has reached Europe/UK sometime next week from the 14th February. See his last posts.

The USA consider the UK as part of Europe, it's just way things are, so if you've ordered from Europe for whatever reason, the best deal etc.

You'll have to join the queue........   Peace

by U2acrobatNL on 2011-02-11 00:33:14

I confronted my (UK-based) dealer with this, who immediately got on the phone with Line 6 UK. They assured him that they will receive some guitars next week and  this monday Line6 staff will fly in from the US to set up the first batch. He still expects to ship before the end of the month.

by laelamiles on 2011-02-11 00:37:49

Damn, this leaves less Line6 staff for setting up our guitars in the US.  Was hoping my 59 replacement would ship by end of Feb...  I hope it gets a good setup even though the primary staff aren't going to be present.

by pappywatts on 2011-02-11 00:42:20

Thanks for that confirmation....great..

by pappywatts on 2011-02-11 09:06:03

Well on the other hand.......I could be in denial....

Just got two Emails from Thomann:-

First one confirmed the date is .. pushed back to July, but original offer price will be honoured

Second one apologised for delay and confirmed the later date, and would I want to change my order?... Don't think so

I have plenty of git fiddles, and july is closer to my next birthday

So my original statement above "Whether the dealers want us to cancel, and then resell at the now higher price is a matter of speculation."

needs some revision

"Greed is good, apparently it's now legal "............sic Gecko 2010

Of course the next statement is pure speculation...The more people bail at this point, Line 6 and the dealers make more money on the new pricing

and will offset the oncosts of  introductory discounts/ and the defects to put right in the first batch. It's a win win, or double dip.

Or is that too prosaic...

See y'all in six months......

by Sampo72 on 2011-02-13 22:28:48

I got this from Thomann Friday afternoon. I know it's probably not good idea to post it. There will be small shipment to EU (maybe today) so somebody will get their guitars. It is really strange that Thomann categorically says no guitars until June, because I read the letter that way ("stocks will be arriving regularly between our initial shipping date and following on through to June").

Strange. 

***************************************************************************************************************

Dear Line 6 Customer,

I wanted to send you a letter in reference to the current situation regarding your order for the James Tyler Variax guitar.

Firstly, let me apologise for the unfortunately unavoidable delays that have been caused to the provisional shipping dates you have been expecting with regards to this exciting new product range.

Whilst we have been undertaking the manufacturing process to ensure the high quality that you expect, inevitable delays to forecasted shipping dates have been incurred along the way. We are now expecting a small, initial shipment of these guitars at the end of February, with a view to start shipping to EU customers at the beginning of March.

Due to a fantastic customer reaction to this new guitar series, demand is currently outstripping supply from these initial shipments. However, stocks will be arriving regularly between our initial shipping date and following on through to June.

Thank you for your continued commitment to Line 6 products and for your patience and understanding during this launch period.

Yours Sincerely,

Line 6

by zeddd on 2011-02-13 22:57:14

Thanks for posting. That is a little more encouraging than the previous report.

Hopefully Canadian customers, like myself, will also benefit from a shipment coming in early March.

by BrookieBob on 2011-02-13 23:24:37

FYI - other ETA's on the JTV-59 TSB's, as listed on their websites:

Guitar Centre (USA): 28th February 2011

Musician's Friend (USA): 7th March 2011

Music123 (USA): 7th March 2011

Zzounds (USA): 17th March 2011

Amazon (USA - only Cherry & Black): usually ships in 1-2 months

GigaSonic (USA): new product, pre-order now

Matts Music Centre (USA): no ETA

Richtone (UK - Cherry, no TSB): out of stock

Soundslive (UK): normally 3-5 days

Andertons (UK): out of stock, normally available in 1-2 weeks

Wembly Guitar Centre (UK): 0 in stock, no date given

Thomann (Germany): 1st August 2011 (!)

MusikSchmidt (Germany): not available yet

Axe Music (Canada): product is currently out of stock

Long & McQuade (Canada): not listed as yet on website

Billy Hyde / Allens (Australia): not listed as yet on website

Haworth (Austraia): not listed as yet on website

Lots of global variability there it seems

by Sampo72 on 2011-02-14 04:41:41

Musicstore Köln has this : Expected date of delivery: 11.03.2011 ... I am pretty sure it's been changed from last Thursday when I sent email to them. No answer, BTW. 

http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/FIM/Line-6-Variax-JTV-69-CAR-Candy-Apple-Red/art-GIT0020040-000

Thismorning I asked Thomann to double check delivery timetables from their Line 6 rep, but I have not received  answer yet. In the end, no matter which way this is going to play out, it is going to even more embarrasing for Thomann than Line 6.

by Sampo72 on 2011-03-03 03:25:54

Thomann has black and red '89s in stock. Yesterday my very useless contact person did not mention anything about them receiving any of the other models, when I asked if next summer was still estimated delivery. But they offered to give me money back.Yeah, then they could sell the very same guitar for higher price and pocket €300 more. They have to know more than "late next summer" by now. Or they don't care at all.

by RichRenken on 2011-03-03 18:32:58

philGre wrote:

Hi all,

I just received confirmation from Thomann that Line6  postponed JTV first shipment in Europe to July 20th

As Rich announced sone time ago he would come in February in UK to check first EU batch, it seems a really bad surprise.

Any details from other retailers? Any communication from Line6 to help understanding this new important delay? Is it the same in US?

Thanks for your feedbacks

Cheers

Philippe

We only got a couple hundred in the UK when I was there, some went out to the whole of the EU and UK. I am going to have more info on more guitars coming next week. I am going to give you as much real info as I can. Keep and eye out here.

by pappywatts on 2011-04-03 11:19:39

Well it's Summer almost here in the UK, and four months more to wait for my paid  in full order to be received for a JTV69 from Thomann, which will be exactly one year from date of the order....

No light indicated by Line 6 or their lackeys to confirm whether this will in fact happen or not......

So...not disheartened by all this BS, have recently acquired  a used(new) Carvin SH575, extremely well made, lots of different tone options, and of course a different beast from my 700 electric variax, which is taking a back seat for the moment.

Our band is currently working/rehearsing with  a lady singer who has associations with Florence and Iz ( from Florence and the Machine), and comes with musical director/agent who wants us to launch her career this summer, with a view to recording in NYC and play some live dates in the Autumn there.

..........This is known as the Big Break folks!....watch this space

If the JTV doesn't turn up, mebbe I'll cancel Thomann's order, and pick one up in NYC if I'm still interested by then...

OR get another one of these in a different colour

cgi.ebay.co.uk 2011-3-30 17-30-34.png

by Sampo72 on 2011-04-06 04:13:13

In light of recent developement and couraging in from Rich (couple hundred guitars in april, couple hundred guitars in may and couple hundred guitarsmore before june 3rd) I contacted Thomann that I will be travelling three weeks in late april/early may and work out any inconviences that may follow from that.

Well, guess what, the delivery is still estimated to be JULY 20th. I  then forwarded the info from Rich and then they offered to cancel my order if I think I would get guitar from someone else sooner. Yes, that's the ticket: last in line with higher price so they could sell "my" guitar on higher price.

I paid the guitar six months ago.

by pappywatts on 2011-04-06 06:24:44

Yep...I also  paid mine in full by Bank Transfer eight months ago....They don't appear to have a Donkey smiley available on this forum

<a target=new href=http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=766849590816&id=e9af4e5ac992b40ae884974ae95cb1f9&url=http%3a%2f%2faddins.wgem.com%2fblogs%2fsports%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2008%2f12%2fdonkey.jpg"class="jive-image" src="http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=766849590816&id=e9af4e5ac992b40ae884974ae95cb1f9&url=http%3a%2f%2faddins.wgem.com%2fblogs%2fsports%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2008%2f12%2fdonkey.jpg"/>

...".Eeee... Awww" etc.

I feel for you mate...probably best thing to do when queuing for something, is grin and bear it, and fart a lot... someone will move eventually.

If you're locked in at the lower price, contractually the supplier has to supply you with the goods, Thomann have said to me

the purchase price will be honoured, so hang in there till July, and be comforted in your wallet by a few extra hundred you didn't have to pay...

by pappywatts on 2011-05-02 05:17:37

Reasons to be Cheerful Part 4

Well it's May Day Holiday here in the UK

The Sun is shining

Politicians across the world are celebrating the Demise of Bin Laden......Why?

and:-

I got a shipping confirmation e mail from Thomann, for a JTV69 3TS, to be delivered by the end of this week

apparently Thomann are also delighted to be able to complete the order.......at the original preorder price.

Will let y'all know the quality, and value......  was it worth the wait?.............. when I get it....

by MaestrosounD on 2011-05-02 08:45:57

So why do they ship to you then, while they postponed the delivery date to july/august or something?
And do you think if i'd order now, that i'd get it soon as well? I'm in New York right now and wonder if I should get it here... 

by pappywatts on 2011-05-02 16:20:23

Hi...Thomann are delivering their backorders first,as and when they get shipments from Line 6,

The dates you see on their website  are for next available shipment, they do state " sold out " on backorders.

So I'm  NOT special or jumping the queue or anything, just ordered and paid for  mine eight months ago, you could be lucky with an order and just have to wait a few months as Line 6 ramp up their production line...Of course that would be at the new price...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.