These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Jack adapter broke in half inside headphone jack and is now stuck
by alternative_4 on 2011-02-13 13:57:49

Hi there,

I was using a 1/4" stereo jack adapter to monitor my playing through the headphone jack of my KB37. When I went to take it out, the cheap and lousy thing broke in half deep inside and is now stuck inside my headphone jack.

I got my KB37 second hand so there's no warranty, and the cost of repair with the only authorised line6 repairer I know of in New Zealand, RockShop, is reeeally over the top.

I want to fix this myself, so yesterday I bought a set of allen/hex keys and some screw drivers but the hex heys are all too big or too small for the job.

What size do I need to open this thing up? OR, is there another way to get the darned thing out? can I reach the jack just by removing the philips head screwdrivers from the bottom of the kb37?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Justin

RE: Jack adapter broke in half inside headphone jack and is now stuck
by Kneehow on 2011-02-18 15:10:02

Typically we don't provide any servicing or repair steps online. The only advice I can offer you is that the top (6) hex bolts have nothing to do with separating the two halves of the KB37 chassis: those are for the top control board.

Should you choose to move forward with your attempts, the Philips screws on the bottom of the KB37 are the fastners that connect the two halves. Beware: I believe the center bolt should remain in the chassis. Aside from this info, I wish you the best of luck in getting to the broken tip of your headphone adapter.

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: RE: Jack adapter broke in half inside headphone jack and is now stuck
by alternative_4 on 2011-02-18 18:25:39

Hi again, thanks for your advice. I unscrewed all the screws from the bottom except for the center one and can pry the two halves apart along the keyboard edge, but I swear the top edges are still being held in place by the hex keys. Are you sure they have nothing to do with keeping this thing together? I have tried to pry them open with a flathead screwdriver but I'm more or less certain that they need to be removed.

Are you able to tell me what size hex key I need please? I have considered using brute force, but it looks like the plastic will break if I bend it any further. Also, the bolts look pretty important as they can be seen from beneath the kb37.

Thanks again, Justin

RE: Jack adapter broke in half inside headphone jack and is now stuck
by Line6Hugo on 2011-02-24 17:19:17

You should use a 7/64ths size allen wrench to remove those screws.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Re: RE: Jack adapter broke in half inside headphone jack and is now stuck
by alternative_4 on 2011-02-24 17:37:14

Awesome. Thanks very much!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.