These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

cannot install the device on vista home premium
by Razvanu on 2011-02-14 17:45:03

Hello there,

I just bought the UX2 Pod Studio and I cannot install the device...which is new, bought from Long & McQuade...the unit doesn't come with an installing disc, so I hoped it will install by itself, but...no...and then I tryed to install the driver from Line 6 website...no results...please help!!! You can also see a picture where the installing the driver is stucked (and I have waited hours....no chance). Can anyone tell me what a heck am I doing wrong?

Re: cannot install the device on vista home premium
by Triryche on 2011-02-15 07:11:09

Unistall all the Line6 software.

Then download the newest version of Monkey for your OS

http://line6.com/software/

Then use the Monkey to update everything.

by Razvanu on 2011-02-15 07:37:27

Thank you for the advice...could be a way of doing it, because first I just pluged the unit in my computer, then it didn't find the driver by itself, and then I manually downloaded few drivers from the list and tryed to install them..but all of them stopped in the same point. then I have installed the monkey thing and I tryed to update the driver thru monkey, but the driver stopped in the same point where stopped when doing it manually.

so, I'll uninstall everything tonight and try to install fresh monkey and so on...and I'll let you know if it was solved

cheers

by Razvanu on 2011-02-16 04:26:06

Hello,

I did what you reccomended me: unninstall all line 6 software and installed monkey from line 6 website. then installed driver thru monkey. It worked, just it took it more than 2 hours...then I plugged the cable and didn't recognized the device as well, started to look on the net, didn't installed. I started again the monkey to see what happens, and monkey asked again to update the driver. I did it and it took it another 2 hours...so is a cicle that I cannot figure out where I'm wrong... seems like the mokey is not recognizing the USB, just the midi (and I dont have any midi cable) and ask me to plug the USB, but for some reason, doesn't see it when I plug it in. when I start monkey, I dont have any option to choose what cable to use, even after I start it, I have the message like in the picture bellow (I don't know where is the "Change device" button!)

Can you advice, please?

Thank you a lot,

Razvan

by Razvanu on 2011-02-16 05:49:40

Hi again,

I wanted to add that is nothing wrong with the unit or cable, I tried yesterday on my old laptop (which is running XP) and it works just fine!!!

The only thing is that computer is waaaay to poor on configuration to run the device at his full speed potential.

So I need actually to install it on my Win Vista Home premium computer, which is lot more powerfull.

I also need to mention that my computer has at least 7 USB entries, and I tried like 4 of them...

I hope this is giving you a better image...

Please help!

Thanks,

Razvan

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.