These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Hiss noise with Toneport UX8 and Mac OS X 10.6.4
by alessiomassidda on 2011-02-15 01:40:26

Hello everyone!

I have recently bought an IMac 21.5 to use my Toneport UX8 but i am experiencing some issue, I hope you can help me.

I have installed correctly drivers, gearbox and pod farm 2, afte that i've tested my UX8 with 2 speakers monitor YAMAHA...

When I click on play for example on youtube, I cann ear a continuos hiss noise, it's very low. When the video end, the hiss continue for about 5 seconds after that disappear.

Same thing when I play an mp3 or other audio...

I'm disperate because i need to use this card without noise.

Another thing, the issue it seems to be present only on output...

If I try to register audio from input 1 for example and i will play it from another computer, the noise is not present.

Can you help me to solve this hiss issue ?

Thanks in advance!!!

Alex

RE: Hiss noise with Toneport UX8 and Mac OS X 10.6.4
by Line6david on 2011-02-16 08:21:50

Hi,

Have you updated to the latest the drivers for the Toneport UX8?

http://line6.com/software/

Are you connected with a USB hub?

Also, check out our USB troubleshooting guide, it has helped a lot of users with similar issues:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4282

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: Hiss noise with Toneport UX8 and Mac OS X 10.6.4
by TheRealZap on 2011-02-16 08:27:58

sounds like you might need to use the toggling trick...

in your audio settings change it from 44.1 to 48khz, then back again...

hopefully that will clear it up.

Re: RE: Hiss noise with Toneport UX8 and Mac OS X 10.6.4
by alessiomassidda on 2011-02-17 00:35:09

Hi,

drivers and software was updated.

If I use the montior output (with headphones) on the front of UX8, the hiss is not present.

by alessiomassidda on 2011-02-17 00:36:16

hi,

unfortunately same problem...

I had tried to change frequency but still presene

by sicochoco on 2011-02-18 23:19:08

I have the same issue, I'm in 10.6.6 though, on the latest 64-bit kernel driver..

So I  made a lot of tests,  and my results are:

As you said it right, this is only on the output, not on inputs and it is not recorded at all.

This hiss is only present on the main outputs and not in the headphones of main outputs,  I noticed that its volume is constant and completely independent from the main volume knob, and it only happens in channels 1 and 2, main outputs, as a matter of fact, the hiss keeps sounding on "main outputs" channels 1 and 2 even when the sound output is on 3 and 4...strange.........so for now I'll avoid main outputs for everything, its not the best solution since the main output knob and mute button on the front become useless, though I can use the main output headphones for cue monitoring on ableton live......good thing that from the UX8 I connect to a mixer which then go to the speakers, that way I can control the UX8 Ch 3-4 volume output on the mixer, so for now maybe the solution is to use the other 6 outputs.

Don't know if this is also present on the 32 bit version, didn't even tried that, I saw no point in downgrading to 32-bit, so my UX8 was unused for 2 months until this latest driver.

I hope this tests info helps to get this fixed on the next driver update. ASAP. please.

S.

by nickmccall on 2011-05-19 05:52:45

Genius. Was about to box up my UX8 and send it back until I found this post.

by cromi on 2012-11-17 06:20:02

Hi,

I once experienced hiss noice and I fixed it using balanced TRS cables.

Chris

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.