These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Making POD XT sound exactly like POD X3 with same settings.
by hunterpremschak on 2011-02-15 20:36:46

So I have a POD X3 while the other guitarist that I have been working with has a POD XT.  When I plug the EXACT same settings into the POD XT through gear box and manually it has a lot more noise associated with it and is not nearly as tight.  Just curious if that is an issue that is simply because it is an older unit or if it would be an issue with the connections internally?  Could it be resolved with new parts or what would be the best way to attack solving this issue?  Also if it is a matter of fixing some of the internal parts where might I find some replacement parts for it?

RE: Making POD XT sound exactly like POD X3 with same settings.
by ricksox on 2011-02-23 12:14:23

Hello,

The PODxt and POD X3 share the same exact modeling technology. Nothing is different about the two in that regards so I'm not sure why they would sound differently.

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have updated the flash memory on both PODs and double check your patches in Gearbox to make sure all parameters are exactly the same.

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.