These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

JTV-89 arrived broken
by Icewind on 2011-02-18 09:25:54

This post is provided for info/reference only.  GuitarCenter.com screwed up on my order and I'm actually receiving two JTV-89 (Blood Red) guitars today.

Well. I just got the first one, and it's a good thing there's another one coming today. Aside from a few miniscule blemishes in the finish and the fact that the volume knob is just a HAIR cockeyed, I thought it was ok. Then I turned it over to check out the back and an adjustment screw on the bridge pickup FELL OUT. As in, there's not even anything to thread it into.

I've bought a lot of cheap guitars, but never had a screw just fall out like that. And this is not a cheap guitar.

I already had to return one to GC anyway, but when I do return this one, I'll make sure they're aware so this guitar doesn't go back out to anyone else.

Re: JTV-89 arrived broken
by laelamiles on 2011-02-18 09:43:25

Awful story.

I'm waiting for a second generation JTV-59 after I returned the defective first-generation one and somehow I had my hopes up that the quality would be better than the first gen.

I guess they are really rushing these things out now.

Re: JTV-89 arrived broken
by lowsco on 2011-02-18 10:45:36

Enough is enough, this JTV thing is one very sad story so far. What's going on Line 6?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.