These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: GearBox

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
by jsaue055 on 2011-02-20 21:03:53

I am running Windows 7.  Gearbox is not supported.

I've tried the following:

obtaining the beta driver and installing it

It worked THE FIRST TIME ONLY

the two following images are from viewing the status in device manager

If I right click on the Line 6 TonePort DI-G in the Sound, Video and Game controllers it says:

IS NOT WIN 7 ready.jpg

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

FAIL.jpg

Jeff

Re: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
by jsaue055 on 2011-02-24 19:44:10

I called tech services and was told to download driver 4.1.1.7 and to use Pod Farm 1.12.

Again, it worked great the first time.  When I attempted to use it on another day

I got the same error message.  this is not supported by Windows 7,

I never had this problem with this same device using windows XP media edition

Can someone please help.

RE: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
by ricksox on 2011-03-07 12:54:28

Hi Jeff,

I've never seen that error before but it sounds more like an OS thing. I did find this article that offers a possible fix.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772156(WS.10).aspx

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.