These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Flextone I / II / III / Duoverb / HD147

Flextone II- Bad crackling when I play an A
by jeremycanonico on 2011-02-21 16:11:04

I hope someone can help...

My Flextone II just sarted making this horrible crckling noise whenever I hit an "A 440". It makes the same noise when I tip the amp backwards or upside down or even if I tap it lightly. I looked at the board and didn't see anything really out of place, reseated the wire harnesses, checked the connections to the speaker, etc. but nothing has made any difference. I love this amp and don't want to get rid of it or have to buy a replacement. Can anyone help me?

Message was edited by: Jeremy Canonico

Re: Flextone II- Bad crackling when I play an A
by nofox on 2011-03-17 14:45:54

I had the same problem, I think its the same   take a look on the power supply board which is the near to transformer. On this board you have two small coils ( two little ferrite grey cylinders lying on the board). This two cylinders are loose and they ringing when your playing. Take some glue and stick this cylinders to the PCB

Re: Flextone II- Bad crackling when I play an A
by the_philth on 2011-07-21 12:50:22

Hey Jerry, you may have to replace the IC Amps. I had the same thing happen to me and I thought it was the speakers going bad - but after researching, I replaced the IC's on mine and it's back to normal.

~phil

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.