These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

Tried out a JTV69US and got to meet Rich
by Rowbi on 2011-02-22 07:01:26

There's a little blog about it here: http://rowbinet.wordpress.com/2011/02/22/tyler-variax-jtv69-review/

nowwhere's that JTV order form???

Re: Tried out a JTV69US and got to meet Rich
by TheRealZap on 2011-02-22 07:09:31

excellent!

what did you think of those acoustic models... we played them through the DT50 combo, and the tubes really gave it a warm feel... i was surprised considering it was seemingly a mismatched application.

did you at least get to put your hands on the 89/59?

the difference in the necks can be pretty huge... and for the most part, the 69 was my least favorite... although very nice.

Re: Tried out a JTV69US and got to meet Rich
by Rowbi on 2011-02-22 07:17:14

alas I didn't get to try the 59 or 89, but I loved the 69... and before yesterday I'd have said it was my least fav one.

it's a really nice instrument for sure, and it fealt great to play.

one of the other chaps tried the acoustic models (I wasn't so bothered as I play mostly rock and metal) but they sounded good to me even through a guitar combo.  Rich also showed us some of his chops on a sitar and a 12 strings.  the 12 was amazing (again even sounding good through a guitar amp), and I could totally see myself using that for one of the covers my band does, which should use a 12 string for the intro, but I just do without... I wouldn't have to with a JTV!

we were using someone elses amp, an AC15 I think it was, but it still sounded good, and gave us a thick crunch when you dug in with your pick, but cleaned up nicely too, so it was perfect for trying the strat, tele and les paul models... very nice.

me thinks I may have to put an order in for my 59 soon though!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.