These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

Got my JTV 59 today should I send it back to sweetwater or does Line 6 deal with it?
by jealousblues on 2011-02-22 18:22:34

I posted a thread in the JTV forum with picsand discussion

you can see here

http://line6.com/community/thread/57545?start=0&tstart=0

Sweetwater said if I sent it back to them the earliest I would see one is maybe late April

Im a gigging musician and would very much like to use a JTV gigging and Ive already been waiting months.

Is there any chance I could see one sooner?

and should sweetwater or line 6 take care of this?

thanks

Re: Got my JTV 59 today should I send it back to sweetwater or does Line 6 deal with it?
by ozbadman on 2011-02-22 18:30:22

I have sent mine to Line 6 and was told by them that's the quickest way to get it back.

Re: Got my JTV 59 today should I send it back to sweetwater or does Line 6 deal with it?
by MartinHines on 2011-02-22 18:48:16

Why don't you ask Sweetwater if you can keep the guitar until they get in a new one?

If you return the guitar now (either to SW or Line 6) you will be waiting a long time for a replacement.

It is important to understand that Line 6 is backlogged filling existing orders to their customers (i.e. retailers).  The April date is probably an existing order that Sweetwater placed in the past.  I doubt you can get a replacement from Line 6 any faster.

by zeddd on 2011-02-22 19:57:48

I'm gonna say it one more time... KEEP IT until they can replace it with a guitar that is in stock and ready to be sent to you.

You've waited long enough already. Why send it back and wait several more months? I wish I had a blemished guitar to use while I waited for a replacement to become available.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.