These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

Line 6 monkey doesn't detect my spider IV 75
by projie on 2011-02-23 11:29:22

Hi there,

When I open line 6 monkey it doesn't detect my spider IV 75. Any ideas? My fbv shortboard mkII is connected to a USB 2 port. Is there something I should download?

Cheers,

Paul

RE: Line 6 monkey doesn't detect my spider IV 75
by Line6david on 2011-02-24 17:01:27

Hi,

Have you installed the latest drivers for the amp and pedal?

1. Download line 6 monkey.

2. Open monkey and in the updates tab highlight drivers and click update selection.

3. Run the driver installer.

http://line6.com/software/

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: Line 6 monkey doesn't detect my spider IV 75
by projie on 2011-02-26 13:59:02

Thanks for the reply, David.

Unfortunately when I try to open Monkey, I get a box up that states "Line 6 Monkey - No device detected". Then there is a drop down box to select the device to be configured, but there is no option for the shortboard or any spider amps.

What do I try now?

Cheers,

Paul

by Amphitryon27 on 2012-06-23 19:50:51

Unfortunately I have exactly the same problem like you, projie. I use Windows 7 (64 bit) and want to connect the fbv shortboard mkII with my laptop. Are there any solutions?

Regards

Jan

by fflbrgst on 2012-06-25 05:38:08

Some of the possible solutions:

Ensure all anti-virus and firewall software is turned off.

Try a different USB port.

Lastly, try a different computer.   I couldn't get Monkey to recognize my FBV Express Mk II no matter what I tried with a Windows Vista computer, but with a 'borrowed' laptop running XP, I had no problems getting the updates installed.  Funny though, Spider Edit has no problems with the Vista machine, so this is definitely a Monkey software bug that Line 6 has not been able to fix.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.