These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

Weird problems using FBV Express MkII w/ UX2 and POD Farm
by john_mastrangelo on 2011-02-23 12:29:54

Hi,

I am having crazy problems getting my Express MkII floorboard to work with my UX2/PodFarm. I am running Vista. I can use the Line 6 FBV configuration tool to configure the floorboard but it only works intermittantly. for instance, I can program the A,B.C and D buttons to switch set lists and presents within the set list but it will apparently randomly start and stop working without changing any settings. Also, sometimes the GUI tells me floorboard is not found. I don't think it's a hardware problem as I have gone through 2 FBVs and they both act the same way. I've switched USB ports and cables also.I have all the most recent firmware and software updates, have reboot both the floorboard and computer numberous times. there have times when I had everything working perfectly, saved the .fbv file. but when I reload it sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I am completely baffled about what is going on. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance. John

Re: Weird problems using FBV Express MkII w/ UX2 and POD Farm
by john_mastrangelo on 2011-02-23 15:16:31

Ok, I am back with more specifics. I have discovered predictable behavior with the expess II controller. I am using the Program and Bank Increment/decrement MIDI functions to switch between Setlists and Programs (i.e. Tones).

When using the Program Increment button to switch among setlists and reaching the last setlist, hitting increment once more selects the first Setlist. Hitting the increment again apparently increments an internal counter but does not change the setlist. You must hit Program Decrement until the internal counter reaches the zero setlist, then the last set list, etc... This appears to be a bug in the SW or FW.

The Bank Increment/Decrement appears to work in a similar manner but does not "roll over" to the first tone. Incrementing or decrementing past the last or first program (i.e. tone) in a set list appears to increment or decrement an internal counter but does not change the setlist.

Also, the first time in a setlist, hitting the bank increment appears to increment by a random amount, i.e. 0 -> 2, 0->3, 0->4, etc.... After that it appears to count up and down properly,Perhaps this is a problem with POD Farm and not the controller?

RE: Weird problems using FBV Express MkII w/ UX2 and POD Farm
by ricksox on 2011-03-10 10:49:48

Hi John,

I've found that the Bank Change Increment/Decrement settings do act flaky and inconsistent. I'll let our engineers know.

One thing you may want to consider is using the MIDI Learn function in POD Farm instead and assigning custom MIDI CC values to your A-D switches on the Express.

Perry explains how to do this in the following tutorial:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2076

Line6Miller

Re: RE: Weird problems using FBV Express MkII w/ UX2 and POD Farm
by john_mastrangelo on 2011-03-10 10:57:24

I found this video shortly after posting my previous message and the method shown in the video works perfectly. Please do forward the documented error behavior to the SW or FW engineers as a former SW engineer myself, believe there is problem with the algorithm used for the bank and program inc/dec functions.

Big thanks! John

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.