These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD 500 Expression Pedal Sound (Double Click Sound)
by Moeed on 2011-02-24 06:25:35
Hi Guys, Just bought POD HD 500 a month back, pretty happy with it, but would like to ask everyone, that if everyone else is also hearing double clicks while activating the expression pedal. For E.g: while on a patch when i want to activate the Wah ... i press the expression pedal switch with my foot, but i hear 2 clicks ..one from the expression switch .....and the other click that i hear is some where from the expression pedal which is pretty loud. I guess it has something to do with my screw or something else, iam pretty sure its the hardware thats making it. Can someone from line6 please tell what needs to be done to rectify it.

RE: POD HD 500 Expression Pedal Sound (Double Click Sound)
by Line6Hugo on 2011-03-09 08:51:44

Moeed,

I have heard this on the HD500 as well and seems to be related to the mechanics of the expression pedal. Also found that the harder you press on the expression pedal, the more apparent the sound is. Despite this sound, are you unable to use the pedal? This is currently just the nature of the hardware.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Re: RE: POD HD 500 Expression Pedal Sound (Double Click Sound)
by Moeed on 2011-03-09 09:03:01

Hi Hugo, Thanks for responding. I can tell you that you are bang on the problem ....thats exactly the thing thats happening. I am able to use the pedal in the normal way ...but i hear this sound while activating the pedal. Is this problem an issue with the pedal screw?? ... I have read on the forum that some folks had the same problem with it and they broke the screw.. ....so was more worried ...that am i heading the same way???

I understand when you say that it is the nature of the hardware ....but do you think it will give me problems in the future?

Re: POD HD 500 Expression Pedal Sound (Double Click Sound)
by Lespaulidas on 2011-03-09 09:10:47

I had the same problem 5 months into mine.   Instead of getting just the switch "click",  I was hear other noises as well, and feeling it in my foot.  My pedal was falling apart, and essentially other crunching noises were happening from the frame of the pedal, or something else.  It also didn't respond well to the toeswitch.  This didn't happen all of the sudden but got progressively worse over time, and louder.   I'm not sure why it happened,  as I am generally fairly gentle with the pedal.

I took it back to GuitarCenter, they tested it, and experienced it as well, and they swapped it.  I had the extended protection plan at GC, so the swap was easy.

Hope this helps.

RE: POD HD 500 Expression Pedal Sound (Double Click Sound)
by Line6Hugo on 2011-04-25 12:16:50

Moeed,

If this is something that becomes a problem, I would just suggest taking it in to an authorized service center:

http://line6.com/service_centers/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Re: POD HD 500 Expression Pedal Sound (Double Click Sound)
by CaptainU on 2012-10-24 03:01:58

Hi guys,

This is a copy of something I posted in a seperate thread here:   http://line6.com/support/message/397104#397104

Ihad exactly the same issue. Really disconcerting crunch and clank sound when pushing the pedal switch.

*Disclaimer* Dismantling the unit and any resulting issues is/are YOUR responsibility.

I dismantled the pedal (just remove the main pivot bolt and be careful to catch the washers/nuts) and saw it had been assembled wrongly. One of the washers was in the wrong place - inside the pedal instead of outside next to the nut.

If yours is the same you might want to check this. Also make sure the nylon bushings which go through the pivot hole are seated correctly and then make sure the washers are outside of the pedal block (between it and the nut/bolt at either end).

I also have my pedal fairly tight so it only moves with gentle foot pressure. No problems since and it's lovely & smooth.

Hope this helps.

**Note to anyone unfamiliar with the workings of these pedals: Don't get anything (dust, parts, grease etc) in the circuit board holes and DON'T touch the sensors! Put everything back as soon as you're done and don't get too curious. **

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.