These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Need a recommendation for some good desktop monitors for POD usage?
by daveschutt on 2011-02-24 09:17:14

Hello-

This is what I'm looking for- I primarily play at a worship service direct to PA.  So during the week I'm pretty much sitting at my computer listening to the songs I have to learn, creating or tweaking patches via EDIT, and then going to rehearsal.  Right now I have some cheap Samson StudioDock 3i USB speakers I got free w/ purhase from Sam Ash but they're not doing the trick.  I need to have something that will more closely resemble what I'm going to be hearing through the PA FRFR and want to be able to hear it at a similar volume or closer than these Samson's put out.  I'd like it to still be able to function as a speaker system with the computer as well.  I know there are some good powered monitors, or the Tech 21 Power Engine, etc but I want something desktop since I won't be using it for anything more than learning tunes and dialing in tones.

Re: Need a recommendation for some good desktop monitors for POD usage
by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-02-24 09:25:14

Hi

I've got a couple of pairs of KRK Rokit nearfield monitors.  They are pretty honest in their reproduction of tone.   There's a range of sizes available and one of the pairs i have is the KRK Rokit 6 G2.  I know at least one other L6 Expert also uses KRK Rokit monitors too.   I find them pretty good.

Regards

Nick

Re: Need a recommendation for some good desktop monitors for POD usage
by daveschutt on 2011-02-24 10:01:49

Nick- Are you using them similar to my usage doubling as computer speakers?  Can you send me a link to the model you have I was just looking at Guitar Center and they have Rokit 6 for $199 or $499 not sure which you're talking about.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.