These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: XD-V Digital Wireless Microphones

wireless mic forums

Lifetime of microphone/bodypack transmitter settings WITHOUT batteries installed?
by DanCornett on 2011-03-01 12:17:48

Is there a lifetime (retention period) for the V70 microphone settings withOUT the batteries installed?  Is it the same for the TBP12 transmitter as it is for the V70 handheld?

If for example, one has a spare microphone or bodypack which is not used for weeks at a time, would it be expected to retain the settings it had at the last power-off?

(The answers also might affect a strategy for how one uses rechargeable batteries.)

RE: Lifetime of microphone/bodypack transmitter settings WITHOUT batteries installed?
by Line6Hugo on 2011-03-09 12:12:12

Unfortunately, we do not have a setting retention period for the wireless devices without batteries. In this case, it should be assumed that the setting will not retain and you will need to make the settings the way you need them once you power up and use the system.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Re: RE: Lifetime of microphone/bodypack transmitter settings WITHOUT batteries installed?
by DanCornett on 2011-03-10 11:11:43

Huh???  Even the channel settings? Is there truly a ZERO "grace period" for a battery swap?  I know I asked about a Loooooong time period (weeks), but your answer implies that just swapping the batteries out will cause the mics or bodypacks to lose their settings.

What is the use of providing a method for naming the transmitters if it is not retained across a battery swap?  Does that also mean one can't predict which transmitter will be associated with which receiver?  That doesn't make sense --and that'll be a (big) bit of a pain if the channel settings are not saved across a battery change if one has 6 or more systems!

Now, maybe y'all have never measured the time period for "reliable retention of channel settings between removing nearly dead batteries and re-inserting fresh ones" ... and that's o.k. -- just say that.

Has anyone experienced problems with retention of the "channel setup" after changing batteries?

Re: RE: Lifetime of microphone/bodypack transmitter settings WITHOUT batteries installed?
by SouthportSDC on 2011-03-11 09:05:07

I know that the beltpack TX does not retain the 'Locked' setting over a battery swap! which will be a major reason for me not to increase my stock of XD-V70h.

But if they do not retain the channel settings etc over many weeks then the whole lot will be on Ebay very shortly.

How about the RXs, do they retain the setting when switched off for weeks?

All settings should be retained in Non volatial memory surely?

by dboomer on 2011-03-11 13:24:28

No, No, No ... I think there might have been a misunderstanding.

If you power cycle the transmitters off then back on it will retain all settings (except the lock-out function).  If not it will just remember the channel setting.

by SouthportSDC on 2011-03-11 14:15:01

Don, WRT the TX packs, I understand that the lockout function is not retained over a battery swap but all other settings are and I have proved this many times.

What the concern is, if you leave the pack without batteries, how long is it before it loses (if it does) the channel setting and the name?

Ditto for the RX, if the mains supply is turned off, how long before it loses its user settings?

We use in a theatre setting and have many instances when the shows do not require radio mics and therefore it may be 8 weeks or more between usage. We obviously do not want to store Tx's with batteries in. Having to reprogramme 12 systems each time will be a real pain. Your competitors ie Sennheiser, retain user settings indefiniately and also retain 'Lock out' over battery swaps

Thanks

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.