These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Line 6 X2 Digital Wireless

Line 6 X2 XDR95 24-Bit Digital Rackmount Wireless Instrument System
by beteddy on 2011-03-04 06:28:28

I bought this system just about 1 year ago (March 10, 2010) as a gift for my Guitar player. Two weeks ago the red wire on the 9 Volt battery connector, on the transmitter, broke. I looked up my local service center and brought it to them. First they told me that it would be a $35 dollar charge just to process the repair and then it would take anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks (or longer) to get it back. To top it all off they said that because the wire broke it would probably not be covered under warranty. Basically they didn't want to be bothered. The dealers name is Earcraft Music in Dover, NH 03820. It was a fairly easy repair so I pruchased a new 9 Volt battery connector and soldered it to the wires. I put a new battery in but the unit will not power up. I have been trying to find a replacement Transmitter (XDT4) but they seem to be discontinued and the one I managed to locate on Ebay they wanted $230 for it. I only paid $350 for the whole system!!! What a rip-off!! If I knew that Line 6 had this kind of support I would have purchased a Shure system. I wish now I had. What a waste of money.

RE: Line 6 X2 XDR95 24-Bit Digital Rackmount Wireless Instrument System
by Line6david on 2011-03-08 13:31:20

Hi,

Sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience trying to get your unit repaired.

X2 Products have a two year warranty and should be repairable at any of our authorized service centers.

I have looked up another service center in New Hampshire:

Daddy's Junky Music

Services: electronics,guitars

1015 Candia Rd.

Manchester New Hampshire, 03109

603-623-7900 ext 403

service@daddys.com

Please give them a call and they should be able to repair the unit at no charge.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.