These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD500 and external Looper
by doccauldron on 2011-03-05 04:48:59

How do I get an external  looper (a Digitech Jam Man Looper) work with the HD500?

Re: POD HD500 and external Looper
by Octo777 on 2011-03-05 05:08:23

doccauldron wrote:

How do I get an external  looper (a Digitech Jam Man Looper) work with the HD500?

Define "Work with".

My guess is that you would simply set it up as Guitar > Pod > Jam Man > Amp.

If you want the Pod to control the Jam Man well, I am not sure if that is possible via Midi.

by doccauldron on 2011-03-05 05:42:55

I think you're right to set it up as Guitar > Pod > Jam Man > Amp.

I only want to store longer looping times as provided by the HD500 to use it for rehearsal or on stage.

by silverhead on 2011-03-05 06:58:17

You could also try inserting the external looper in the FX Loop of the HD500. Experiment with both options to find which works best for your purposes.

by Octo777 on 2012-11-29 00:52:58

Haha, sorry to bump this but I came across this thread again last night as I was researching getting an external looper for myself and I've decided to purchase the JamMan Stereo.

So after doing more research I am revising my initial answer and would ultimately agree with silverhead that the best place for a looper with the HD500 (especially for stereo) is actually in the FX Loop as you then have the option to record loops Pre or Post just like the onboard looper on the HD500.

Just need to remember and use the right cable, namely a 1/4" TRS Stereo cable which splits into two mono 1/4" jacks to go from the Send on the HD500 into the JamMan input and then two 1/4" jack patch leads to go from the out of the JamMan into the effect return on the HD500.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.