These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

No clean acoustic sound. Always some distortion. Why?
by CarlAndrae on 2011-03-05 14:57:14

I have the UX1 and using POD Farm has always worked in the past. Now i have a problem with NOT having any distortion and just having a clean acoustic sound for my guitar. I start POD Farm up and even though i don't have any preset on, or any gear chosen, i still always have some kind of "fuzzyness" or distortion on my guitar (kind of an acoustic-fuzzy sound - not purely acoustic). Choosing a preset or some kind of amplifier that usually has the clean and acoustic sound won't have that now (i'm guessing since the sound is distorted to begin with). I can't seem to find a reason as to why this is happening. I hardly think it would be because i would have to get an update or something, since i've gone along totally fine without updating before. I've tried uninstalling all of my Line6 software on my computer and reinstalling it, but it didn't do any difference.

Should i reset my POD in any manner, and if so, how do I do that?

Or is there another solution?

Thanks

RE: No clean acoustic sound. Always some distortion. Why?
by Line6Hugo on 2011-03-15 09:02:02

CarlAndrae,

Please uninstall all Line 6 software from your computer using the Line 6 Uninstaller located in your computer's control panel. Then, download and install the POD Farm 1.12 software from our downloads page:

http://line6.com/software/

After the install, make sure to use Line 6 Monkey to update the drivers for your computer.

I recommend removing all other USB devices (except for a mouse/keyboard on a desktop computer) while troubleshooting this problem. Completely remove ANY USB hubs, even if not in use, and test the UX1 on all of your computer's USB ports to be thorough. Make sure to monitor from both the 1/4" analog outs and the headphones output as well to see if they sound the same.

If you continue to have problems after trying the above, I recommend going over the following knowledge base document:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4282

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.