These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Audio POD when used on your computer via USB
by Caxito on 2011-03-09 19:17:19

I bought the POD HD 500 and I have a PC with a 2.0 stereo speaker system connected to a sound card called the M-Audio Delta Audiophile.

I tried using the POD connected to the computer by USB channel, but still could not hear the audio for these my speakers.

Still do not understand the resolution of the audio to be heard when the POD HD 500 is connected to Computer via USB.

As you use the POD via USB:

1) The POD itself becomes the computer's sound card?

1.2) If yes, what is the most appropriate ex-POD to listen to the audio? Using the "headphone output" of the bound POD 2.0 speaker system? Use the exit "Aux In" linked to the POD 2.0 speaker system? Or "XLR OUT" connected to the 2.0 speaker system?

2) Can I connect my POD direct input Sound Card M-Audio Delta Audiophile?

Re: Audio POD when used on your computer via USB
by Octo777 on 2011-03-10 00:01:33

Caxito wrote:

As you use the POD via USB:

1) The POD itself becomes the computer's sound card?

1.2) If yes, what is the most appropriate ex-POD to listen to the audio? Using the "headphone output" of the bound POD 2.0 speaker system? Use the exit "Aux In" linked to the POD 2.0 speaker system? Or "XLR OUT" connected to the 2.0 speaker system?

2) Can I connect my POD direct input Sound Card M-Audio Delta Audiophile?

Yes. The Pod becomes your sound card.

If you want to hook your HD 500 to your sound card and use your PC speakers for monotiring your sound you have two options depending on the cables you have at your disposal.

The first would be to use a simple 3.5mm stereo cable with a 1/4" stereo adapter plugged into the Pod's headphone output and then route the 3.5mm end into the "line in" on your sound card.

The second would be to use a Y cable with 1/4" stereo to 3.5mm stereo cable with the 1/4" jacks plugged into the 1/4" out of the pod and the 3.5mm end into the line in on your sound card. (This is how I do it.)

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.