These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

Spider Jam and FBV Shortboard MKII Foot Controller
by sdyer1 on 2011-03-10 06:45:14

Hi,

I have a Spider Jam and would like to add a foot controller.  I found the Q &A below that says you recommend the Line 6 FBV series Shortboard but this is no longer made. Would you recommend the Line 6 FBV series Shortboard MKII for the Spider Jam? If not what would you recommend?

"Q: Which Line 6 floor controller(s) can I use with the Spider Jam?

A: We recommend the Line 6 FBV series Shortboard or the FBV Express, although the FBV works as well (be aware that the amp 1&2, stomp 2/3 buttons, tremolo, and favorite channel buttons will have no effect).  The FBV2 pedal will only move the presets up and down and will not control any of the recording functions."

Thanks

Stan Dyer

Re: Spider Jam and FBV Shortboard MKII Foot Controller
by Buy-a-Fender on 2011-03-10 06:55:41

Hi Stan,

the MKII FBV Express adn FBV Shortboard will both work fine with your SJ.

The MKII boards add functionaility when used with amps other than the SJ.

Using a MKII board with the SJ is the same as using the original FBV boards.

I have the FBV Express and it does all I ever need. I mainly use it to stop and start recording loops.

I also like the tuner display and the volume/wah pedal.

The Shortboard does the same but adds additional foot switches that allow you to select more user presets tones.

I'd stay away from the FBV 2 as it appears from other postings on this forum that it is very limited in it functionality and cannot reliably be uised to start/stop recording

Hope that helps!

Steve

by sdyer1 on 2011-03-10 07:45:04

Steve,

Thanks for taking time to answer my question, that really helps.

Stan

by daydreamin7677 on 2011-03-23 17:00:38

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.