These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: XD-V Digital Wireless Microphones

wireless mic forums

XD-V70HS Microphone where and........
by muzicmaken on 2011-03-10 13:27:53

Hey gang...I got my transmitter comming.... Are the headset mics also shipping? If so what kind are they, What is the model and part number?

And where can I read the specs on the mic itself...

I'm thinking about the Shure WH30TQG has / is anyone using this mic with their XD-V70?

Thanks

Ken

Re: XD-V70HS Microphone where and........
by dboomer on 2011-03-11 13:28:04

It is a very low output mic.  I would not use it for anything but someone who screams all the time.

Just about anything in the -46dB sensitivity range will work much better.

by muzicmaken on 2011-03-11 17:05:16

Thanks dboomer,

I went ahead and bought it since that is the mic that ships with just about all Shure wireless systems.

I do plan on getting another mic though....

Is Line 6 going to offer their mic for sale and if so where and when can we get one...Sweetwater rep

highly recommended the Samson SE50, any thoughts on that one...

ken

by dboomer on 2011-03-11 17:09:04

Take a look at the FAQ posted in the "documents" for XD-V.  It explains better how to pick a third party mic.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1957

by muzicmaken on 2011-03-11 17:48:42

Thanks again dboomer....

That nfo helped a great deal.... It looks like the Samson SE50 would be a very good

mic, it has almost the same specs as the Countryman.

Do you know when the Line 6 LM4 will be available?

Ken

by muzicmaken on 2011-03-13 23:17:58

Do you know when the Line 6 LM4 will be available?

Ken

by dboomer on 2011-03-14 12:14:57

LM4 - the lav?  It is available now.  -4 for the V30 and -T for the V70

by muzicmaken on 2011-03-14 13:36:58

sorry I meant the headset.....DO you know when the headset mic will be available?

thanks

ken

by dboomer on 2011-03-16 09:52:44

Scheduled for end of April

by muzicmaken on 2011-03-16 14:01:10

Thanks a bunch dboomer!!!

Ken

by muzicmaken on 2011-04-04 00:12:01

I bought the Crown CM-311 AE headset mic and wow...It sounds amazing with the XD-V70......It has headroom like no other mic I have ever used...

Didn't like the Shure...sent it back, Samson...no good....

If you are looking for a mic to use with the XD-V70HS or  Lavalier (TPB12) you will not be disappointed...

by DanCornett on 2011-04-04 14:01:17

muzicmaken wrote:

I bought the Crown CM-311 AE headset mic and wow...It sounds amazing with the XD-V70......It has headroom like no other mic I have ever used... If you are looking for a mic to use with the ... [XD-V] ... you will not be disappointed...

Thanks for the report, muzicmaken!  I'm not surprised at the "headroom", since the CM-311 is a "differential" mic (to help cancel stage/extraneous noise from getting applified through the mic).

I note that you have the AE version ... I have an "A" version (with the beltpack and battery for bias) and will initially be trying it with an XLR - TA4F cable.

? Re: XD-V70 system using Crown CM-311ae Microphone
by eFySOUND on 2011-07-01 13:48:14

Muzicmaken,

what kind of battery life do you get using the Crown Differoid wireless (? you ordered the standard Shure miniXLR configuration and did not need to modify ?) Also, any drawbacks or negatives after using this setup for a while? You may not want to answer this but: would you consider using the v70 and Crown mic in a demanding environment with large audiences as a primary mic?

MANY thanks in advance of your replies!

Re: ? Re: XD-V70 system using Crown CM-311ae Microphone
by muzicmaken on 2011-07-02 08:24:48

The battery Life is great...I get about 6 or more hours of hard use...I also use rechargable batteries in all my gear.

My Crown  Cm-311AE didn't need any modifications and plugs right in. (I bought 2 one as a backup)

This mic is IMO the best headset mic you can get (even above the Countryman and Samson

and a few others that Line 6 recommends)..I use it in small environments all the way up to

big mega shows and fairs and festivals as an opening act with my band....THis is the same mic

Garth Brooks, Justin Beiber and a whole bunch other artists use so you know it's got to be a

workhorse and dependable.

I have no problems or regrets getting this unit and I recommend it to everyone. as well as their wireless guitar systems

I've had no problems or drawbacks. THe ONLY complaint I have with the mic is that it slips and I find myself

moving it back into position more than I should be. That would be my only complaint.

The noise cancellation and headroom on this mic is unbelievable, better than any of the others I have tried even better

than the stock mic that comes with the XD-V70HS..

Hope this helps...

Re: ? XD-V70 system using Crown CM-311ae Microphone
by eFySOUND on 2011-07-02 13:53:01

do you have the inline EQ module?

by muzicmaken on 2011-07-03 19:17:03

nope here is my mic

Crown CM-311-ae.JPG

by DanCornett on 2011-07-21 19:07:42

FYI:  I far prefer the CM311 over the Line 6 headset; I use it all the time.   Countryman's tiny mics are 2nd best, with the Line 6 headset an adquate 3rd (especially if you have someone who has trouble with a single-ear headpiece like the Countryman).

by Musiciswithin on 2011-08-16 23:48:12

Is there anyone here who can help me figure out how to get my crown 311 AE/AT work on a line 6 body pack?  I just bought the hand held version of the 70 series and am going to get a line 6 body pack to go with it, but the crown headworn is the plug that works with the audio technica stuff.  It was running on the 3000 series.  Anyway...a link to a place where I can get a converter or interface to go between that plug and the Line 6 body pack would be great. 

Thanks so much for the help.

God bless

musiciswithin

by dboomer on 2011-08-22 09:40:45

There may be an TA3 to TA4F converter somewhere out there.  But unless you plan on moving the mic between two brands of systems I would strongly recommend that you simply hard wire the TA4F connector in place.  I believe Crown has a diagram for their mic specifically or you can get the info from the XD-V70 Advanced User Guide (online).

by Musiciswithin on 2011-09-19 16:01:59

Hey Boomer, thanks for the reply. 

I'm not against having the mic changed over but I wouldn't know how to do it...or who could....where to send it...etc etc.  It's over my head.  Not that I couldn't learn...but...I have no desire to screw it up in the process of learning. =0) 

the only reason I don't want to permanantly change things is because I'll use this mic on a Shure ULX system as well depending on how the gig is set up.  So if there's a way to keep my options open but get the crown ar/at to work on the line 6 body pack that would be great.  Any thoughts or links to such a converter would be much appreciated as I've looked and can't find anything.  Thanks

by dboomer on 2011-09-20 10:22:45

XD-V70 and ULX use the same wiring and connector.  Adaptors should only be used for infrequent applications.  They are the most likely source of problems that I know of.

by faalam on 2011-11-09 14:59:38

Hi Dan I am planning to use my CM311A  (with the beltpack and battery) with the beltpack transmitter. Can you use it directly with an XLR - TA4F cable? For example this cable from shure:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/68870-REG/Shure_WA310_WA310_Adapter_Cable.html

Itseems that is what you are doing. Or do I need to make my own adapter cable with DC blocking capacitors etc?

I would really appreciate the help from anyone who is using the CM311A.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.