These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Trying to record pod 2.0 midi?
by Jimmahbee on 2009-04-22 13:20:12

I'm trying to record my pod 2.0 through midi and when I go to the sound editor it works fine bu through my midiman midisport I get nothing. I'm recording in Reaper and it recognises the interface just no midi!

Re: Trying to record pod 2.0 midi?
by Rowbi on 2009-04-22 13:29:58

what exactly are you trying to record??  is it the MIDI program changes that you want to record?  have you asked on the reaper forum how to setup reaper to record that??

just in case... if you're trying to record actual audio over MIDI, then you can't.  MIDI doesn't carry audio, it carry's control information about MIDI devices, but not actual audio.

by Jimmahbee on 2009-04-22 14:14:14

I'm trying to record my guitar through my pod 2.0. I want to record it midi. The DAW is REAPER. I've recently recorded drums midi so I know it works. It's recognising my midiman midisport 2x2 interface so I know that's working too...I just need to know how I can record my pod through it's midi ports and all the settings in my pod that need to be adjusted. I currently have the midi setiing in my pod to A. (all channels). Thanx for all your help by the way...these forums are a Godsend...Jimmahbee 

by jackkate on 2009-04-22 20:37:41

You can't record audio from the POD 2.0 through the midi ports.  The midi ports on the POD 2.0 only send and receive controller messages, no audio.  The only way to record audio on a POD 2.0 is from the audio output.

by Jimmahbee on 2009-04-23 08:11:35

no I realise that midi only sends the note information...not the audio...I just want to record the midi. Once again thank you for you help...I really appreciate it...

by jackkate on 2009-04-23 08:50:51

Sorry if I wasn't being clear -

The POD 2.0 does not convert your guitar audio to midi, so you can't record note information via midi.

The midi on the POD 2.0 is only for patch parameters and patch changes, not for note data.

Hope that helps....

by Line6Hugo on 2009-04-23 09:22:57

Jim,

If anything, Reaper will record the parameter changes you make on the POD while recording, such as changing the EQ and Drive parameters on the face of the POD or selecting an effect, but it will not receive MIDI note information that you play through the POD with your guitar. The POD will NOT convert the audio you play through it into MIDI note messages and send it via MIDI out.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Please make sure to award points to helpful & correct responses to your questions.

by Jimmahbee on 2009-04-23 09:42:21

oh o.k. well that's too bad..do any of the PODs or any line 6 products do it?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.