These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vetta

Vetta2 HD pricing
by frac82 on 2011-03-12 04:15:43

what would the "right" price ($/€) be for a 2nd hand firmware upgraded Vetta HD?

thanx

Re: Vetta2 HD pricing
by johnnyayyy on 2011-03-12 14:58:10

frac82 wrote:

what would the "right" price ($/€) be for a 2nd hand firmware upgraded Vetta HD?

thanx

$400 - $450 USD for a Vetta I upgraded to Vetta II spec is the going rate in the US (craigslist/ebay)

by MerlinFL on 2011-03-15 17:43:07

johnnyayyy wrote:

frac82 wrote:

thanx

$400 - $450 USD for a Vetta I upgraded to Vetta II spec is the going rate in the US (craigslist/ebay)

THAT IS ONE BIG RIP OFF!!!   Who is stupid enough, foolish enough, or uninformed enough about the gear they own to even consider paying to upgrade ANY Line 6 gear?!?!?!

The software upgrade is FREE from Line 6.  the ONLY thing any V1 owner needs to BUY is the VDI connection panel that is NO LONGER PRODUCED OR SOLD BY LINE 6.  If you DO NOT use or plan to use the VDI connector, an upgrade should be 100% free by using all the Line 6 provided software.

I HATE scams!!!

Neal

by johnnyayyy on 2011-03-15 22:06:45

MerlinFL wrote:

johnnyayyy wrote:

frac82 wrote:

thanx

THAT IS ONE BIG RIP OFF!!!   Who is stupid enough, foolish enough, or uninformed enough about the gear they own to even consider paying to upgrade ANY Line 6 gear?!?!?!

The software upgrade is FREE from Line 6.  the ONLY thing any V1 owner needs to BUY is the VDI connection panel that is NO LONGER PRODUCED OR SOLD BY LINE 6.  If you DO NOT use or plan to use the VDI connector, an upgrade should be 100% free by using all the Line 6 provided software.

I HATE scams!!!

Neal

I was referring to Vetta I amps that had at some point in the past been upgaded to Vetta II spec by the addition of the VDI connector. The OP did not say Vetta II so I am guessing he meant a Vetta I... I believe you own at least one Vetta I that at some point had a VDI connecter added which you have referred to in the past as a Vetta 1 upgraded to Vetta II specs and I am betting it cost you a few bucks to upgrade it.

MerlinFL wrote:

Who is stupid enough, foolish enough, or uninformed enough about the gear they own to even consider paying to upgrade ANY Line 6 gear?!?!?!

Hmmm, as I recall there was a paid upgrade available for my original POD that involved an Eprom chip... also I believe Line 6 charges for upgrades in the form of model packs, so the concept of a paid upgrade for L6 gear doesn't seem all that stupid/foolish/uninformed-ey to me

To restate in a manner that is maybe more easily understood:

I have seen Vetta 1 amps that have at some point in the past been upgraded to Vetta II spec by the addition of a VDI board/connecter sell for around $400 -450 on my local craigslist. Vetta 1 amps that do not have the VDI board/connecter installed sell for around $300-350 as I recall.

Hope that clears things up for you.

by MerlinFL on 2011-03-15 23:34:23

johnnyayyy wrote:

MerlinFL wrote:

johnnyayyy wrote:

frac82 wrote:

thanx

I HATE scams!!!

Neal

I was referring to Vetta I amps that had at some point in the past been upgaded to Vetta II spec by the addition of the VDI connector. The OP did not say Vetta II so I am guessing he meant a Vetta I... I believe you own at least one Vetta I that at some point had a VDI connecter added which you have referred to in the past as a Vetta 1 upgraded to Vetta II specs and I am betting it cost you a few bucks to upgrade it.

MerlinFL wrote:

Who is stupid enough, foolish enough, or uninformed enough about the gear they own to even consider paying to upgrade ANY Line 6 gear?!?!?!

Hmmm, as I recall there was a paid upgrade available for my original POD that involved an Eprom chip... also I believe Line 6 charges for upgrades in the form of model packs, so the concept of a paid upgrade for L6 gear doesn't seem all that stupid/foolish/uninformed-ey to me

To restate in a manner that is maybe more easily understood:

I have seen Vetta 1 amps that have at some point in the past been upgraded to Vetta II spec by the addition of a VDI board/connecter sell for around $400 -450 on my local craigslist. Vetta 1 amps that do not have the VDI board/connecter installed sell for around $300-350 as I recall.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Well - that might be true but I dealt directly with Line 6 BEFORE i was anything more than a "regular" customer.  I can confirm that back in 2006, then again in 2009 (I have (2) Vetta 1 combos) that I never paid anything near the amount of money you have listed.  I KNOW I was not being treated special, but just like everyone else at those times and simply bought the part and installed it myself which is the simplest upgrade of hardware I've ever done next to adding Memory chips into a computer.

I hope my remarks clears up my point.

See ya,

Neal

by frac82 on 2011-03-16 00:20:40

it's a Vetta 1 HD upgraded to the latest firmware without VDI.

by johnnyayyy on 2011-03-16 08:29:56

frac82 wrote:

it's a Vetta 1 HD upgraded to the latest firmware without VDI.

In California USA Bay Area Craigslist those are usually offered for $350 - $400, I would not pay more than that but where you are they may be more rare so maybe worth a LITTLE more.

If it had the VDI it would be likely listed for $50-100 more, if it were a Vetta II it would list for $50-$100 more.

These are just posted asking prices, that doesn't mean anyone would actually pay that much. Not a big demand for any of the Vettas these days.

by johnnyayyy on 2011-03-16 15:27:56

MerlinFL wrote:

Well - that might be true but I dealt directly with Line 6 BEFORE i was anything more than a "regular" customer.  I can confirm that back in 2006, then again in 2009 (I have (2) Vetta 1 combos) that I never paid anything near the amount of money you have listed... just like everyone else at those times and simply bought the part and installed it myself

This thread is about the selling price for a Vetta... not sure what is confusing you here, you seem to be talking about the price of a part you bought to upgrade your older Vetta. I never listed any price for that, as I recall the add-on VDI interface was less than $100.

by MerlinFL on 2011-03-16 23:49:51

johnnyayyy wrote:

And if I "missed"  something about this thread somewhere, then why was this UPGRADE comment written by yourself with a price tag attached??  Nevermind, don't answer..........

I know what I'll do from now on...I'll simply NOT comment, reply or anything that is written by Johnny as I obviously never seem to get most of what you're writing about and quite frankly I'm tired of being corrected by you for your lack of specificity in your remarks.  That should solve at least one of my headaches in just trying to help on these boards.

Peace out my brother!

by johnnyayyy on 2011-03-17 11:04:14

MerlinFL wrote:

johnnyayyy wrote:

And if I "missed"  something about this thread somewhere, then why was this UPGRADE comment written by yourself with a price tag attached??  Nevermind, don't answer..........

I know what I'll do from now on...I'll simply NOT comment, reply or anything that is written by Johnny as I obviously never seem to get most of what you're writing about and quite frankly I'm tired of being corrected by you for your lack of specificity in your remarks.  That should solve at least one of my headaches in just trying to help on these boards.

Peace out my brother!

Adding the VDI input to a Vetta I is a paid upgrade.

This upgrade makes the amp worth a little more at resale time than an amp without the upgrade.

Most of the Vettas I see for sale have this upgrade.

Rarely one comes up for sale without this upgrade.

The amps without this upgrade are worth a little less than the ones with this upgrade.

The amps with this upgrade list for $400-450 on craigslist.

Not sure which part of this you don't understand or what is confusing you but I don't know how to say it any more simply - the question has been marked "answered" so I guess the OP understood what I wrote and that is probably all that matters.

Rock on.

by frac82 on 2011-03-18 02:06:15

thanx a lot 2 all of u guys! u answered what i was asking!!! but there's no need 2 quarrel, everyone's opinion is useful and respectable!

by johnnyayyy on 2011-03-18 11:46:31

frac82 wrote:

thanx a lot 2 all of u guys! u answered what i was asking!!! but there's no need 2 quarrel, everyone's opinion is useful and respectable!

Ha ha no quarrel, just clearing things up for someone who is having trouble understanding.

All that said, if you were asking about Vetta prices because you are thinking about buying one I recommend you buy something else,  I have had a Vetta for years and... consider buying an HD500 into a separate amp instead, the tone is around 1,000,000,000 times better. I know the Vetta is tempting because it is an all in one solution, but in the end you will be stuck with a very mediocre tone. For some people this might be okay, not everyone needs good tone and the Vetta does give you lots of options on routing and processing that bleh tone in a zillion different ways...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.