These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Looking for nice a BLUES settings for my spider IV 15
by javierf55 on 2011-03-16 09:35:39

Hello,

Can anyone help us a bit with a good recommendation of settings for a SPIDER IV 15 amp to get a cool blues sound?? appreciate in advance. 

Looking for something close to TWEED BLUES or RED BLUES.

RE: Looking for nice a BLUES settings for my spider IV 15
by Line6Don on 2011-03-16 17:54:29

Lost of great sounding tones for your Spider IV are available for download at http://line6.com/customtone/browse/spideriv

Re: RE: Looking for nice a BLUES settings for my spider IV 15
by javierf55 on 2011-03-17 05:17:58

Hi Don, thanks for the answer; however I'm not sure if I can load these tones in my Spider IV 15. Can I?

I just want a simple advise on how to set the Amp Models, Drive, Bass, Mid, Treble, Chan Vol, Phaser and Tape Echo buttons to get a cool blues tone.

Thanks for your answer.

RE: Looking for nice a BLUES settings for my spider IV 15
by Line6david on 2011-03-17 09:42:10

Hi,

Check out our Creating and Balancing Tones document, it should get you started:

http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: Looking for nice a BLUES settings for my spider IV 15
by AndrewSelberg on 2012-05-30 20:29:34

Hi there,

How do I download things to my laptop and then further on to amp. Say for instance like John Mayer Blues Sound for a Spider IV 75 in the downloads site?

by fflbrgst on 2012-05-31 05:26:54

First, you need to make sure the tone you want is for the Spider IV amp (some of the tones on customtone.com are for PodFarm).  You can search for just Spider tones.

Download the tone (which is really just a bunch of settings) to your computer (I suggest creating a folder in your Documents for them).

Download Spider Edit and install it.  This is the software you use to edit tone patches and to move them into your amp.

Connect your Spider IV to an FBV MkII pedal  (Express or Shortboard), then connect the FBV toyour computer with a standard USB cable.

Start Spider Edit, and you will then be able to import the downloaded patches to any of the User Bank patch locations (banks 1-16, positions A, B, C, D).  Note that when you do this, the patch that had been stored in that locaton is over-written, so if you want to save it, do so with Spider Edit (it's a good idea to save all your custom patches to your computer with Spider Edit, as a backup).

by AndrewSelberg on 2012-06-01 13:01:29

Thank you! Are you sure I can't just link directly into my Spider IV 75. Because the 75 has a digital display built into it, unlike the Spider IV 15 that was in the OP's description. If not, will my Boss Rc20 loop station do what the FBV MkII pedal does? Sorry I am not very familiar with pedal stations. Thanks again.

by fflbrgst on 2012-06-04 05:53:39

No, you need either an FBV MkII Express or Shortboard for downloading tones and for updating the firmware in your Spider IV 75.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.