These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Line 6 Pocket Pod PSU
by edesignstudio on 2009-04-22 22:22:48

Hi,

I've been searching for ages but can't seem to spot any information regarding this issue.

Is the Line 6 Pocket Pod safe to be power with a Visual Sound 1 Spot?

Cheers

E

Re: Line 6 Pocket Pod PSU
by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2009-04-22 22:29:55

You just need to check the voltage and current specifications of that power supply to make sure that it delivers the correct voltage and sufficient amperage.  Then you just need to make sure the plug is the right polarity and size.

Cheers,

Crusty

by edesignstudio on 2009-04-22 22:36:46

Thanks for replying back, Appreciate it!

The 1 spot is a 9V DC with 1700mA

The Line 6 DC-2 only contains 200mA, I'm thinking that the 1 Spot might be overkill to the Pocket POD.

But I hoping it's safe to run, because I really don't want to be buying another power supply just for the Pocket POD.

Cheers,

E

by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2009-04-22 23:58:31

Actually the specifications for the current are okay.  You will want a power supply that can handle the current DRAWN by the POD.  If the original power supply is rated at 200mA then you would need a power supply that will be able to deliver at least that.

If the voltage of the power supply is too high - that's bad for the POD.  If the current of the power supply is too low - that's bad for the power supply (it will melt).

So, if the 1 Spot can handle a draw of up to 1700mA and the POD will only draw 200mA then it will do the job and keep cool.

You just need to check the plug size and polarity.  You don't want to have the polarity reversed as that will blow the POD into another dimension.

Cheers,

Crusty

by edesignstudio on 2009-04-23 00:00:44

Awesome! Really clears everything up!

Thanks

E

by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2009-04-23 00:13:01

Have fun with it.

Cheers,

Crusty

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.