These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

Tuning problem driving me nuts
by stevejojo on 2011-03-21 13:05:07

Hi,

Got my new JTV-59 out of the box today. Everything was perfect with it. The tunings were working great until I installed workbench.

Now it sounds horrible. I can hear both the  dropped tunings and standard tunings at the same time.

Please help!!

Re: Tuning problem driving me nuts
by gtrman100 on 2011-03-21 19:36:02

Try resetting the flash memory. Here's how:

To reset Guitar Model Selector Set the Pickup Selector Switch to it’s middle position, then press and hold the Guitar Model Selector Knob while you plug in a 1/4” cable to power up the guitar. Your Guitar Model Selector LED and Alternate Tuning LED will both flash red. Next, press and hold the Guitar Model Selector knob again. Guitar Model Selector LED will flash red, rapidly 3 times, indicating all 50 guitar models in the Model Selector knob memory locations are now restored to factory settings. Guitar will now return to normal operation.

To Reset one or all of the Alternate Tuning presets First, set the Pickup Selector Switch to it’s middle position, then press and hold the Guitar Model Selector Knob while you plug in a 1/4” cable to power up the guitar. Your Guitar Model Selector LED and Alternate Tuning LED will both flash red. Switch the Alternate Tuning knob/roller to any new position - Guitar Model Select know will no longer be lit. To restore all Alternate Tunings, now select MODEL on the Alternate Tuning knob. To restore only 1 preset, select the desired tuning on the Alternate Tuning knob. Once you’ve made your selection, press and hold the Guitar Model Select knob. Guitar Model Selector knob will flash red, rapidly 3 times, indicating all 10 Alternate Tunings or 1 selected Alternate Tuning are now restored to factory settings. Guitar will now return to normal operation.

Re: Tuning problem driving me nuts
by stevejojo on 2011-03-22 08:38:26

perfect thanks.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.