These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Pod Farm 2 Dual Mode Midi Control (Independent control of the signal paths)
by mungbung on 2011-03-22 08:03:25

Is it possible to use midi control in Pod Farm 2 to change the A channel without changing the B channel in dual mode. 

Here is what I am trying to accomplish.  On my UX8 I have my guitar plugged into Line 1 and I have vocals plugged into Mic 2.  In dual mode I have a patch setup for my guitar and a patch setup for my vocals.  Using one of the buttons on my FBV Shortboard I switch the guitar patch but my vocal patch (on the B side of dual using mic 2) doesn't change.  I would also like to do the reverse.  Setup a button on the FBV to control the vocal patch. 

So what I am really looking for is independant midi control of the presets in both the A and B signal paths in dual mode.

RE: Pod Farm 2 Dual Mode Midi Control (Independent control of the signal paths)
by Line6Don on 2011-03-24 09:50:39

Hey mungbung,

I found a video that should be able to walk you through this process step by step.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2076

It is on assigning Setlists to FBV foot switches, and since you were interested in being able to control each tone individually, you might have to setup multiple Setlists with the desired alterations of tones to be able to toggle between them.

Hope this helps, if not please get back to us.

Re: RE: Pod Farm 2 Dual Mode Midi Control (Independent control of the signal paths)
by mungbung on 2011-03-24 12:23:51

The problem is that when you switch models it switches both the A and B signal paths so you can't change your instrument signal path without changing your microphone signal path.

by Line6Don on 2011-03-24 14:05:56

I knew that was gonna happen, that is why I suggested programming multiple presets with the changes you want with the different input sources per preset. Doing this will create a lot of setups, but at the moments is the only work around I can find to fix your issue. In the mean time, I am working with my other Representatives to find a better fix for you. My apologies.

Re: RE: Pod Farm 2 Dual Mode Midi Control (Independent control of the signal paths)
by mungbung on 2011-03-24 14:54:46

The other problem with the setlists is that when you switch the models it takes time for it to change and the other signal path cuts out.  My guess is there is no way to do this.  Sooooooo this would be a good enhancement for the next release.  Not only would it be great for playing live but it would also be great for recording.  Think of a solo artist being able to bring their Pod Farm device, a laptop and a small PA to a gig and get guitar effects and vocal effects that they can control from their FBV as they are playing. 

Until then I guess I have to build signal chains that I can turn pedals on and off with and not have to change the full signal path.  I guess I have to keep an amp for the whole song

By the way is there a place to get more presets for Pod Farm like there is for the amps?

Thanks!

by Line6Don on 2011-03-25 11:24:20

At the moment customtone.com does host POD Farm presets and settings that users have uploaded. If you are concerned with additional model packs, look into purchasing POD Farm Platinum. Some more info on that is available here:

http://line6.com/store/item/164

I also have taken note of your suggestions for extended functionality of MIDI and foot controllers in POD Farm.

by mungbung on 2011-03-25 12:30:44

Since I have the UX8 don't I already have all of the model packs?  If not which ones would I be missing?

by Line6Don on 2011-03-25 12:40:27

My apologies, you are correct, you already have those being a UX8 owner. It is my seconds week here with Line 6, sorry for the bad info.

by mungbung on 2011-03-30 09:42:04

So I was playing with some of the setups from custom tones and happened to load one that loaded a dual tone in Pod Farm 1.  In Pod Farm 1 the paths are separate and can be changed one by one.  If only Pod Farm 1 had midi support!   So is there a Pod Farm 1.5 that retained the separate windows for the 2 paths but also enabled midi?

by Line6Hugo on 2011-03-30 16:11:01

Just to recap, only POD Farm 2 has MIDI control, and POD Farm 1.12 is the latest version of the original PF software.

The only thing we can recommend for what you are looking for is to submit a feature request at the following link:

http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.