These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

JTV-59 Bridge Setup Instructions.
by BBarker on 2011-03-22 09:23:59

Rich, can you get someone to post the instructions for adjusting the Bridge Height.  It doesn't look like the are individual height adjustment for each string, just a overall bridge height adjustment with the screws on each end of the bridge.

Re: JTV-59 Bridge Setup Instructions.
by kokopelli_ on 2011-03-24 20:34:19

I used a hex wrench to adjust my bridge. Clockwise to lower the bridge.

Re: JTV-59 Bridge Setup Instructions.
by BBarker on 2011-03-25 05:53:45

The actual question is whether there are adjustments for each string or just a left / right side adjustment for the entire bridge.

Bill

Re: RE: JTV-59 Bridge Setup Instructions.
by Kneehow on 2011-03-28 15:14:45

There are not any individual string height adjustments available for the JTV59 (and JTV89) guitar bridges.

For the JTV-59 and JTV-89 the bridge posts are adjusted with a 7/64" Allen wrench. For these guitars you only have to get the Low E and High E into adjustment, the rest take care of themselves. Unlike the JTV-69, you turn the bridge post screws counter clockwise to raise the action and clockwise to lower.

Re: RE: JTV-59 Bridge Setup Instructions.
by praguebob on 2012-01-16 11:59:17

I lowered the bridge and then retuned through the built-in tuner of Guitar Port, and after doing so the Standard tuning was OK, but when I left the tuner and switched to Open D it sounded like someone dragging a stick across a chainlink fence, completely out of whack. So I struggled to get the bridge back to the orginal position until the alternate tunings were OK again. This leads me to believe that the electronics are quite sensitive to the height of the strings off the pickups (or wherever the sound is being sampled, if not through these). Do you have any suggestion how to lower the bridge (and hence the string action) without wrecking the alternate tunings built into the guitar?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.