These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

can't use my Pod Studio GX properly: crashes and more.
by Hellharicot on 2011-03-22 11:11:01

Hi,

I'm happy with my GX and my Pod Farm 2 Platinium, it is the best amp sim I've ever used and I now got a killer sound... However, I've got some issues with my GX, and on bothe of my computers.

The common issues are: crashes, the sound just disappears for about one second. It's pretty annoying because I cannot play in live or even record anything... ^^'

then I cannot change the driver format (left side of Line6 Audio-MIDI devices), it is always running at 41000 ; 16 bits. I obviously tried to change it but nothing happened.

then on my computer (really good one, 8Ghz RAM), I cannot even set my Sample Rate converter to an Extra Small buffer size. when I do I just get no more sound at all... whereas it works fine on my laptop (even though I met the others issues) which is less powerful than my computer.

I reformated my computer and it didn't change anything at all. My drivers are also up to date. :/

Thank you for your help :/

Hoping...

Re: can't use my Pod Studio GX properly: crashes and more.
by Triryche on 2011-03-22 12:13:08

Just for clarification, if you run the Monkey, do you green ticks for drivers/firmware/pod farm?

by Hellharicot on 2011-03-22 12:40:43

Yes I do, but not for Pod Farm 1 (I'm using Pod Farm 2 so I don't think I need Pod Farm, do I? :/)

by Triryche on 2011-03-22 13:14:47

Correct, no need to worry about PF1

You probably did much of this....

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4282

And on some AMD machines a USB filter has caused BSOD and othe rissues.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2215

by Hellharicot on 2011-03-22 13:30:42

Yeah I already tried it, and my machines are not AMD but Intel. :/

thanks anyway for helping! ^^

by George2ec on 2011-03-23 09:28:24

I had similar issue with my pod studio ux1, and I realize that my cheap video card it was the problem (many intel boards have issues with internal subsystem when sharing IRQ between devices), since that day I use my integrated video intel on my motherboard and now works fine. Are you using desktop, laptop, too much usb devices?

by Hellharicot on 2011-03-23 11:20:56

Yeah I use my Pod Studio GX on my Desktop and my Laptop, and it is the only USB device I use when I'm playing. :/

RE: can't use my Pod Studio GX properly: crashes and more.
by Line6Don on 2011-03-25 12:54:51

Hey hellharicot,

I am sorry to hear about the drop outs your having with your GX. Thanks for all the help and input Triryche. So it looks like he has already referred you to our USB audio troubleshooting guide, and that did not fix your problem. In addition, make sure you have your GX connected to a USB port, not a hub or extension.

Next we have a guide to maximize your computer's system audio here:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4201

We also have some Windows operating system optimizations as well that can help located here:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2085

If you still are experiencing this or have any future questions, please just let us know.

Re: RE: can't use my Pod Studio GX properly: crashes and more.
by Hellharicot on 2011-03-31 16:07:47

Thank you very very much Don! (and by the way please apologize my late answer...)

It reduced my problem a lot and now I can use my GX on 24bits (and it sounds well better, and well perfect ), however I'm still having some minicrashes, but less.

Actually I don't know whether my question has been answered or not because I still have a bit of troubles, so if anyone has got any other idea to help... Let's do as if my question weren't fully answered!

by Line6Hugo on 2011-04-01 11:02:47

I would greatly recommend removing all other USB devices from the laptop if you have any. Completely remove ANY USB hubs, even if not in use, and test on all of the computer's USB ports.

Also, there are a lot of tips in the USB Audio Troubleshooting guide that was posted earlier. Just going to add here to make sure you try as many as tips as you can.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4282

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by Hellharicot on 2011-04-01 12:21:34

Thanks but I've already tried it... :/

by Line6Don on 2011-04-01 12:29:19

Hey Hellharicot,

Glad to see that your audio has improved. You mentioned you were still experiencing USB problems? What issues are you having?

by Hellharicot on 2011-04-01 12:33:37

I actually don't know how it is called professionnaly, but to describe: the sound suddenly stops for about one second. It's less often but it still happens.

I don't use any USB hub or any other USB device while I play. However, is it possible that I've got a USB Hub inside my laptop/PC?

by Line6Don on 2011-04-04 08:31:29

Hey hellharicot,

Sorry to hear you still having some drop outs. Have you tried using a different USB cable? Have you tried using every single USB port on the computer? Have you tried using the GX with another computer to see if it has these dropouts?

by Hellharicot on 2011-04-06 07:30:30

Hey,

I only have my GX's cable so I couldn't try another one, perharps I'll have to buy a new one?

However, I tried to plug my cable in another USB port: I've got a white high noise.

It's also not working on my PC, which is really powerful (8 Go of RAM and other things like that.) and I can play games using full graphics and audio settings... Would the problem therefore come from my GX or my cable?

by Line6Don on 2011-04-07 09:13:52

Hey Hellharicot,

I'd like to make sure we try another USB cable and every USB port before we suspect the GX unit itself.

I hope this helps, please let us know your results.

by Hellharicot on 2011-04-07 11:44:15

Hey,

I tried every USB ports on my Laptop and on my PC, I've got the same problem on them all. I also tried a few minutes ago another USB cable and it seems that it doesn't solve the problem... However, I noticed something: the USB cable is able to move in the GX's port. I don't know whether it's normal or not, but a posteriori, a cable shouldn't be able to move in any port... I'm looking at it now. Keep you up to date.

Thank you very much for your help and you presence! We don't see such a support every where!

by Kneehow on 2011-04-08 10:42:04

It very well could be the hardware device that's having an internal issue. One last test/request would be to try install the latest Line 6 USB device driver on a totally different system (if possible). It'd be great if it was a Mac, but if not possible, it's OK. It would be ideal to determine the audio quality of your GX when run on a Mac system... if it's exhibiting identical audio output, it's definitely the GX hardware.

At this point, we should get you in touch with the Line 6 UK Service Team.

I'll close this thread out and then internally assign your case to a member of our Line 6 UK team. They should be able to take care of you with this issue.

by Line6ChrisN on 2011-04-12 06:35:35

Contacted the user direct to ask him to return his unit through the store of purchase.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.