These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

Has workbench ruined my JTV-59?
by stevejojo on 2011-03-22 23:56:27

Hi,

I have just got a JTV-59. I hooked it up to workbench and altered one of the tunings. Now when i select ANY alt tunings, I hear both standard tuning and the alternate tuning. It sounds terrible. I did a reset on my guitar and it seemed to work. Then I altered the mix of 12 string octaves in workbench, and again, same problem!

Is my guitar defective?

Please help.

Thanks

S

Re: Has workbench ruined my JTV-59?
by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-03-23 00:48:57

Hi

I don't yet have my JTV59, but I believe that it is possible to mix or hear the sound from both magnetic pickups and the modelling side of things with the JTV.  I know this is true if using an HD500 with the JTV connected by VDI and I believe it's true if using an X3 Live too.  I'm not sure if this is the case when using the bundled WorkBench cable and USB interface.

You can always re-apply the latest flash memory update to your guitar to reset it to factory defaults.  In the short term that's what I'd do in your shoes and then I'd re-read what is available on the latest version of WorkBench and how to use it in relation to your guitar to check if you've missed something.

Sorry Ican't offer any more suggestions.  I'll know more once I get my guitar

Regards

Nick

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.