These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

How can I control the Output channels (send 1,2,3 and 4, individualy) - Toneport KB 37
by kabir on 2011-03-24 22:22:33

Hi,

I have a Line 6 - Toneport KB 37. Does anyone know if it is possible to control the output channels (send 1, 2, 3 and 4, individualy) for live recording?

For example:

I want to connect

Mic 1 - Send 1 (mono)

Mic 2 - Send 2 (mono)

Instrument - Send 3/4 (or mono)

or, can I have

Line 1 - Send 1 (mono)

Line 2 - Send 2 (mono)

The thing is, I recently bought a TC Helicon XT Creator ( http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/voicetone-create-xt/ ) and i want to connect it in my toneport so i can record it live (since i have no mixer). the vocals processor, in order to get better results in stereo transmition, sends the signal into two separate mono channels (left and right)

I use Ableton Live 8.

Thanks is advance.

Re: How can I control the Output channels (send 1,2,3 and 4, individualy) - Toneport KB 37
by Rowbi on 2011-03-25 07:58:22

the KB37 is a UX2 with a midi keyboard controller built in, and the UX2 can only use 2 inputs at once, so neither of your situations will work as they both use 3 inputs

Re: How can I control the Output channels (send 1,2,3 and 4, individualy) - Toneport KB 37
by kabir on 2011-03-26 04:31:50

ok, i see..

so..and what about solutions? i mean using kb37 inputs for instrument (using podfarm, or not) and something else inputs for the microphone, and still be able to record it directly into the computer. any suggestions?

thanks

Re: RE: How can I control the Output channels (send 1,2,3 and 4, individualy) - Toneport KB 37
by Line6Don on 2011-03-31 11:32:21

Hey kabir,

You can access and configure your Toneport's input and outputs within POD Farm 2.

If you have not already downloaded and installed POD Farm 2, it is available for download here:

http://line6.com/software/

pod farm mixer.bmp

-With your KB37 connected, launch POD Farm.

-Access it's mixer menu, which is located to the right of the Line 6 logo.

-Within the mixer tab, you will be able to access and create a dual  tone with assignable inputs for each tone as well as controlling which  tone is sent to which record out put.

-If you wish to send a specific tone to output 1 and output 2, use the panning knobs to do this.

I hope this helps you, if you have any further questions, please just let us know.

Re: RE: How can I control the Output channels (send 1,2,3 and 4, individualy) - Toneport KB 37
by kabir on 2011-05-15 15:43:27

Are you saying that it's possible to have 3 inputs at the same time using PodFarm 2?

As I said, i want to connect

Mic 1 - Send 1 (mono)

Mic 2 - Send 2 (mono)

or

Line 1 - Send 1 (mono)

Line 2 - Send 2 (mono)

Thanks.

RE: How can I control the Output channels (send 1,2,3 and 4, individualy) - Toneport KB 37
by Line6Don on 2011-05-20 14:13:56

Hey kabir,

You are limited to two inputs and two outputs at a time. I was trying to explain the way in which you can configure these options.

So it you either need to connect using mic 1 and mic 2 or using line 1 or line 2. The instrument track is going to have to be done separately, or you are going to have to sacrifice one of the line or mic inputs.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.