These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

Technical: FBV "Long Board" Instructions
by moetsch123 on 2011-03-28 01:59:33

Hello.  I have recently purchased a FBV "long board" controller but I need the manual.  I have looked on your web page for a manual but none seem to cover the long board with all of its buttons and features.

I am using it with my POD 2.0.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Matt

Mar 22, 2011 4:54 PM in response to: moetsch123

RE: FBV Longboard Instructions

Quick question: if you take a look on your POD 2.0 by the CAT-5 jack, does the silkscreened label say "FBV Pedal" or just "Pedal"?

Matt (me) writes: 

It says FBV Pedal.  The pedal seems to work I just don't have any instructions specific to it and can't seem to find any on this site.  Advice?

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Technical: FBV "Long Board" Instructions
by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2011-03-28 03:28:30

What the longboard can do is covered in the manuals for each device rather than in a dedicated FBV Manual.

I haven't looked at the POD 2.0 manual but I have the Vetta II and longboard and in the Vetta II manual there is a section titled "Using Your Feet" that covers what the longboard does.

Go to the manuals section and get any POD 2.0 manuals you can find and you might find what you're looking for there.

Cheers,

Crusty

by moetsch123 on 2011-03-29 13:33:45

Thank you very much!  That's exactly what I needed to know.

Matt

by 1oldguitarman on 2011-04-03 11:00:15

Hey, Moe.  There is a procedure that gets your two FBV pedals properly calibrated.  I recently purchased a used FBV Longboard as a backup to my 3 year old unit and noticed that the Wah function sounded terrible, way too tinny.  I had discovered this procedure 3 years ago and printed a hardcopy.  It was on this site back then, but today I couldn't figure how to get back to it, so here it is below:

CALIBRATING FBV LONGBOARD

1. Put both pedals at halfway - on FBV press the following 3 buttons simultaneously: AMP1, AMP2 and Pitchshift/Tremelo.  This clears the current settings
  2. Press AMP1, AMP2 and Delay together - the FBV display should show a letter (L)eft denoting which pedal you're doing, then several sets of 3 digits:  001-255 actual position of pedal,  -001-127 normalized position of pedal (re: midi),  - Min    -Max      Move pedal to full heel-down, then toe-down hard to click the switch.  Pedal is set
  3. Press AMP1, AMP2 and Modulation together - display should change to denote (R)ight pedal now being set
  4. Press AMP1, AMP2 and Delay together - same as #2 above now for the right pedal
  5. Power the FBV down and plug it back in
  6. READY!!!

Hope this helps!

by moetsch123 on 2011-04-03 17:14:12

Thanks.  This tip is good as gold!

Matt

by moetsch123 on 2011-04-03 18:24:05

One question: You mention plug the FBV back in.  Please explain.  When am I supposed to unplug it?

by 1oldguitarman on 2011-04-03 21:25:31

Good question.  The text about power-down was the exact text from the instructions and probably could have been written a little more succinctly.

I interpret that step as unplugging the FBV (that's the only way it gets its power) and then plugging it back in.  Always worked for me.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.