These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

FBV Express MkII
by sdirv on 2011-03-30 21:56:46

Bought this hoping to use it for bank and programming changes with my Spider IV HD150, using the controller software it seems that I should be able to. The online documentation seems to indicate it should. But......no matter what I do.....stepping on the A button only takes me to A, the B button to B, etc.

Am I missing a step somewhere in the setup of this device??? Shouldn't stepping on the A button take it to 01A, stepping on it again to 02A, again to 03A, etc.

I've got A setup as a bank change with a value of 1 and increment, B setup as a bank change, value of 1 and deincrement......

RE: FBV Express MkII
by Line6david on 2011-04-01 08:31:13

Hi,

There is no way to bank up/down with the FBV Express MKII. The FBV Shortboard MKII has this functionality.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2184

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: FBV Express MkII
by sdirv on 2011-04-01 09:00:08

Then it looks like I wasted $100 when I bought this. It was advertised as capable of bank switching and the PDF documentation for it and the FBV Controller software indicates it can be programmed to do incremental bank switching.

I guess the real answer here is that the FBV Express MKII is capable of being programmed for incremental bank switching, but it won't work if hooked up to Line 6 amps???? But it will work if hooked up to  other equipment capable of using midi commands??? Would that be a fair assesment???

I'll have to see if I can return this thing then.

So far my Line 6 "experience" has not been a good one. Bought a Spider IV HD150 a few weeks ago and Guitar Center sold me a Raven mono cab to go along with it.....after struggling for days with documentation from Line 6 that was "clear as mud" and conflicting opinions from Guitar Center I did return the Raven Cab and bought the proper Line 6 cab to go with the amp head.

And now, after doing what I thought was a fair ammount of research on a control pedal I find that it won't do what the advanced user guide says it will do......

Re: RE: FBV Express MkII
by sdirv on 2011-04-01 09:01:13

Then it looks like I wasted $100 when I bought this. It was advertised as capable of bank switching and the PDF documentation for it and the FBV Controller software indicates it can be programmed to do incremental bank switching.

I guess the real answer here is that the FBV Express MKII is capable of being programmed for incremental bank switching, but it won't work if hooked up to Line 6 amps???? But it will work if hooked up to  other equipment capable of using midi commands??? Would that be a fair assesment???

I'll have to see if I can return this thing then.

So far my Line 6 "experience" has not been a good one. Bought a Spider IV HD150 a few weeks ago and Guitar Center sold me a Raven mono cab to go along with it.....after struggling for days with documentation from Line 6 that was "clear as mud" and conflicting opinions from Guitar Center I did return the Raven Cab and bought the proper Line 6 cab to go with the amp head.

And now, after doing what I thought was a fair ammount of research on a control pedal I find that it won't do what the advanced user guide says it will do......

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.