These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Can you use a bass guitar with a pocket pod
by frank3082 on 2011-04-01 09:27:50

Hi everyone,

I just recently purchased a line 6 ux2 and now i am not using my pocket pod. So my buddy has a bass and I wanted to ask if you can use a bass guitar on a pocket pod for just practicing. Your reply will be highly supportive..

Frank

Re: Can you use a bass guitar with a pocket pod
by silverhead on 2011-04-01 09:46:39

Sure you can. Just a couple of observations:

- for best results I suggest using the Fender Tweed Bassman amp model. It is originally designed for bass guitars. I think all other Pocket Pod amplifier models are designed for regular guitars.

- be careful about your monitors/amp that will receive the output signal. The bass guitar frequency range might damage equipment that is not designed for it. If your buddy already has a bass guitar he will presumably have the proper equipment. But if you are plugging directly into small monitors such as computer speakers or even headphones I expect he might blow them with the first loud pulse of the bass.

Re: Can you use a bass guitar with a pocket pod
by frank3082 on 2011-04-01 10:15:27

Thank you for the response..actually my buddy is just learning how to play the bass and I am currently using his fender bass amp..lol...My pocket pod is lying idol..so I just wanted him to put on some ear phones and practice i am just worried if inserting a bass into my pocket pod my damage my pocket pod..but really aapreciate the reply..

Thank you

Frank

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.