These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

Last Post
by Iangw on 2011-04-01 12:20:30

Due to a snotty and point less email from the mods on here after I complained about Daydreamings stupid amount of no content post I will no longer post on here anymore thanks to all the friends on here for help Joe Steve Flimbo etc if thats the attitude of line 6 then no more help from me goodbye chaps

Re: Last Post
by joegillespie on 2011-04-01 13:14:43

ianpdq, I empathise with your entirely and will join you in obscurity. Line6 obviously do not take this product nor their web site seriously. No other web site that I use takes so long to load or is down so much. They had a perfectly good forum going some time ago but have doggedly forced this abomination down our throats. They have refused to add the simple facility of 'stickies' to add helpful information for often asked questions. We have continued to answer these same questions over and over until I am sick to the back teeth. Goodbye chaps.

by Buy-a-Fender on 2011-04-01 13:22:05

You mean an email something like this....

"Hello,

You have received this email because the content you posted below has been rejected by our moderators:

Subject: Re: LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION??? READ THIS FIRST!!!!

I was just beginning to think maybe daydreamin was going to a be helpful contributor to this forum but all day today I get email notifications that he has posted a

*.*

is he trying to move his post count up or may he's awarding himself 'points'  ??

what a waste of time

Posted: 3/23/11 7:23 PM""

I am with you and Joe. Been fun guys!! Be good and be healthy!!

I guess we have not contributed enough actual HELPFUL material to their Spider Jam product usage UNLIKE peopel who think that posting "." is helpful and does not WASTE anybody's TIME.

I'm done with this ridiculously SLOW and flakey forum,the less than helpfu LINE 6 support, the buggy product and Line 6 inabillity to even provide firmware patches/updates for this product. AND the  arrogant jerks who are moderating this forum.

HOW many POINTS do I LOSE for posting this???

or just go ahead and send me another one of your ridiculous WARNINGS

This place is ALL YOURS Mr. DAYDREAMIN

I'm going out to buy myself a nice G-DEC....

HEY LINE 6 ARE YOU LISTENING? KINDLY REMOVE MY LINE 6 USER ACCOUNT.

by Buy-A-GDec on 2011-04-01 18:35:05

I too got an email from the Line6 mods and am also going to disappear.

I have been getting more and more fed up with this forum for the same reasons as already mentioned by ianpdq, joegillespie and whatawaste. It's the same questions over and over again. The line6 mods rarely offer any help and when they do, their reply is days or weeks later and along the lines of "please remember to award points for a helpful answer".

And you never did fix those broken drum loops...

Goodbye chaps!

by Buy-a-Fender on 2011-04-02 06:33:12

just one last thing

http://www.joesjamblog.com is no longer available. Due to the issues posted elsehwere in this thread Joe has taken it down.

for those of you who found it useful and much more informative than anything LINE 6 provides please send your thank you note to LINE 6.

by caliban4 on 2011-04-16 09:09:56

All this looks a bit unfortunate.  I don't post much here and I found Joe's advice in particular was very helpful in the past.  I can't say why Line 6 doesn't pay more attention to its spiderjam product and I remember voicing the same concerns over the use of the foot board in the past.  Notwithstanding, it would be good to have a viable forum with good content and the stickies.

Joe's forum was very useful and I'm sorry to see it go.  Pity really, especially as he was providing such a good and helpful service to Line 6 customers which should have been provided by Line 6 in the first place.  I guess after I beat the spidejam to death I will look at other ways and products to jam along to outside the Line 6 range.

by a1terrier on 2011-04-16 10:57:55

Totally agree caliban. Sad to see Joe, Ian, Steve and others leave the forum, and especially sad to see Joes Jam Blog unavailable. Ive been a Spider Jam owner for nearly three years now but I think Line 6 have lost interest in us. It started when the old forum was shut down. It was tons better than this one. Im seriously thinking about trading my SJam in for something else sometime soon. RIP the SJ forum. :-(

by daydreamin7677 on 2011-04-16 16:26:32

by Line6Tony on 2011-04-25 11:21:43

To all the regular posters in this forum, there is something I'd like to clarify.

The moderation message you all received was the result of a glitch we experienced when the web site speed was crippled. There were a number of unfortunate side affects that arose when our IT team fixed the server speed problem, one of them being many moderation requests either disappeared or were erroneously deemed "Reject Content", with the messages you all received being the result. This was not the only forum this happened to, as I received reports of this from our own Line 6 Experts. Therefore, I apologize on behalf of the company for this misunderstanding. It wasn't until one of you filed a formal complaint that was brought to my attention that this even happened to this forum.

I can tell you our support team and our company appreciate those community members like yourselves who contribute to the forums in a healthy and real way, helping those that need it, and partaking in useful, humerous and thought-provoking conversations. Please do not let a technical difficulty with our system end what you have begun and nurtured over time. Thanks for your time.

by jkes01 on 2011-04-30 08:22:49

Thanks Line6Tony for the explanation of the glitch, but I am afraid it is to little to late.

I work in IT for a large financial company and understand the complexities of networks and maintaining websites for both employees and customers.  Client focus should be the #1 priority for you and your staff because word of mouth is the best and cheapest form of advertizing.  The fact that your response to the issue cam 20+ days after the incident has unfortunately caused most of our expert users such as Joe to abandon all hope for this forum and leave for good.  The issue should have been escalated much sooner to your IT department.  Joe even pulled his own personal website down which was the single most valuable resource for all things Spider Jam related.  Now the whole community will suffer because of the loss of his expert knowledge and understanding of your product.

This glitch I believe was the last staw for these members.  Multiple requests for forum enhancements such as stickies and bug fixes like the "jam setting being reset after the amp is turned back on" go ignored and unanswered.  I say this is a bug because it worked before v2.09 and now it does not.  This is a big inconvenience for when inspiration strikes and you have to stop and navigate through the menus to turn it back on.  We could really use a final update for the Spider Jam to address such reported issues and I think it would restore faith in your company and your products for many of us who really love the Spider Jam.  Thanks.

by xtcguitar on 2011-05-12 07:01:01

"Multiple requests for forum enhancements such as stickies and bug fixes  like the "jam setting being reset after the amp is turned back on" go  ignored and unanswered.  I say this is a bug because it worked before  v2.09 and now it does not.  This is a big inconvenience for when  inspiration strikes and you have to stop and navigate through the menus  to turn it back on.  We could really use a final update for the Spider  Jam to address such reported issues and I think it would restore faith  in your company and your products for many of us who really love the  Spider Jam.  Thanks."

Amen..  ive brought the jam mode thing up many many times... i finally realized that L6 could care less about the spider jam.  if you dont want to fix the bugs in your product, release the code to someone who can. please.

Re: New Spider Jam Forum/Website
by KlausM on 2011-06-17 01:55:35

Hi all

First of all, sorry about my bad english - hope you understand anyway :)

Im totally new here, just got my Spider Jam a week ago, but I can all ready now see that people are not happy here :(

I´m a Graphic Designer and Web Designer, and I can easy and will be happy to make a new Spider Jam Forum if people are interested ?

I can´t do it without you (the users) help, eg I need to know what you want to have in the forum/Website.

And I would really like to know if Joe would like to be a part of it?

How does that sound?

Thanks

Klaus

by caliban4 on 2011-06-17 05:43:13

Klaus, thanks for the offer.  I would be interested in the forum if it starts up.  Joe and the others are the technical guys but the idea of a comprehensive forum would be great.  Joe had a lot of content on his site before he took it down so it would be good if he somehow sees this and responds to you.

by teki on 2011-07-02 03:51:52

I would agree Klas, it would be great if we could get the forum going again and bring the content of Joe's site into it.  Joe?

I have had my SpiderJam for two years now and would really appreciate to get all I can out of it!

by youngalistai on 2012-02-29 06:59:11

hi im alex and im talking from the future .......so its feb 2012 what ever happened to the focus group ?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.