These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

POD Farm 2 FS-6 Footswitch
by Alex_Danger on 2011-04-03 11:53:26

I bought a FS-6 Footswitch because this forum notified me that it was POD Farm compatible. In POD Farm 2 there are a few MIDI CC's already set as a default, however, I want to create some more so that I can choose exactly what my footswitch does. I tried using MIDI learn but had no luck. How can I create and assign MIDI control changes so that they will work with my pedal?

Thanks

Alex

Re: RE: POD Farm 2 FS-6 Footswitch
by Kneehow on 2011-04-04 15:47:07

I'm not sure where you came across that info, but firstly are you referring to Boss' FS-6: http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/FS-6/?

If so, taking a look at that unit's specs, this is definitely NOT a MIDI data control device; it's simply a footswitch that will allow you to turn on/off analog functions such as an amplifier's channel selection, bypassing an effect or maybe incrementing/decrementing through programs on a digital signal processor that allows for external footswitch control.

In order to "MIDI Learn" within POD Farm 2, you need a MIDI controller that actually sends MIDI CC's. The Boss FS-6 is definitely not a MIDI controller. Perhaps you own a different device altogether? If so, what company makes this?

by Alex_Danger on 2011-04-06 05:37:11

Hi Perry, thanks for your reply.

It is a Boss FS-6 that I have. It works with gearbox and Ableton Live as a footswitch. The thing is, the preset MIDI CCs on Pod Farm 2 work with the pedal, for instance, there is a tuner CC already set to say CC 7, and when i set footswitch 1 to CC 7 the pedel toggles to tuner on and off. So it clearly knows what the FS-6 is doing and allows it to work. On this evidence, if I could simply create a MIDI CC to add to the list and select what CC channel it is assigned to along with its function (eg toggle a delay pedal on/off) the pedal would work with it. How can I just create a MIDI CC without using MIDI learn to send the data from the pedal?

Thanks

Alex

by Alex_Danger on 2011-04-19 02:23:27

It's ok, I've worked out a work around so people can use any MIDI Footswitch to control parameters in Pod Farm 2. It would only work if you're using a KB37 since you need already existing MIDI controls like the knobs and soft buttons.

First make sure that the MIDI preferences controller mappings are not set to Pod Farm 2 (i.e. it's set to something else like ableton), then select "MIDI learn" on the desired control (toggle distortion pedal on/off for example). Take note of the MIDI CC that Pod Farm has used for that task. Then go back to the MIDI preferences and set the controller mapping to Pod Farm 2 and change the footswitch MIDI CC to that of the desired task. The footswtich should now control that task.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.