These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

DV247 in UK are charging extra for Workbench with JTV
by edstar1960 on 2011-04-06 09:45:19

I just noticed that on www.dv247.com in the UK that they are listing JTV Variaxes for their usual price and JTV Variax plus Workbench bundles for £50 more!!

Having followed all the JTV discussions since last year - I am very much aware that WORKBENCH is INCLUDED with the JTV variax - so how an DV247 be charging £50 more for a bundle that includes WORKBENCH?

I am afraid the uninitiated will fall for this marketing scam and end up paying £50 more when they don't have to!!

Or have the rules changed and do new customers now need to pay £50 more for WORKBENCH?

If they haven't changed - then please can someone from Line6 sales get in touch with DV247 in the UK and put them straight?

Thanks!

Re: DV247 in UK are charging extra for Workbench with JTV
by kokopelli_ on 2011-04-06 11:31:46

Workbench hardware was included with my James Tyler Variax 59. I downloaded the software free.

Be aware that Variax Workbench is a software/hardware solution.

You can download the Workbench software and play with it offline/not connected to guitar,

but without the hardware you cannot use it to manipulate Variax models and tunings.

If they do not include the hardware with the guitar, you will have to purchase it separately.

by edstar1960 on 2011-04-07 02:05:35

All previous versions of the Variax 300,500,600,700 did not come with Workbench.  You had to buy it as a standalone item at about £80.  This is what I did about 6 months after I bought my Variax 700 - so I am fine as I already have a fully paid and licensed copy of Workbench.

The JTV series comes with Workbench included - it is included as part of the price - so it is wrong to offer a JTV + Workbench bundle at £50 more than the standard JTV - because the standard JTV includes Workbench!

I know that DV247 have always offered a Variax Bundle  option that included Workbench for about £50 more than the standard cost of the Variax - and for all early models this makes sense and represents a financial saving from buying the Variax and the buying Workbench separately at about £80.  So it looks to me like whoever updates the inventory and website have made a mistake and assumed that because the old Variax did not include Workbench that the same goes for the JTV and therefore they can also offer the JTV+Workbench bundle deal.  They are wrong and this should be corrected.

I am concerned for any new purchasers who are not aware that the JTV includes Workbench and who may decide to purchase the bundle at the £50 higher price - when in fact they don't need to do that.

Please can Line6 contact DV247 and point out this error?

Thanks.

RE: DV247 in UK are charging extra for Workbench with JTV
by laplayantonio on 2011-04-07 05:41:54

hello ed

thank you for pointing this out to us

I'm passing the info to our UK team, to get this issue straight

thanks again

line6antonio

Re: RE: DV247 in UK are charging extra for Workbench with JTV
by edstar1960 on 2011-04-07 06:29:37

Thanks Antonio.

Re: RE: DV247 in UK are charging extra for Workbench with JTV
by edstar1960 on 2011-04-14 07:58:31

Pleased to report that DV247 are no longer advertising JTV+Workbench bundles for £50 more and are just advertising the standard JTV models.

Thanks for sorting that out Line6!  Well done!

by laplayantonio on 2011-04-14 09:07:31

support team strikes again...

cheers!!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.