These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

SPIDER IV 150 Artist Presets
by RAlex975 on 2011-04-06 14:58:19

Hi,

I'm new to SPIDER IV 150 but I love it more by each day. It's amazing how many presets Line6 has put  in this amp.

Just considering the hard work of dial-in all the tones and programming the DSP, I can only say "chapeau bas!".

My question is about the navigation in this "see of gold": What is the fastest way to browse the artist-presets database?

I know that I have to use the Left/Right arrows to get to the artists-presets database and then I should used the Up/Down
arrows to choose between artists and then I use the rotary-button to chose the melody of that particular artist. That's clear.

What I am missing is a real fast way to do this, for example when I push the Up or Down arrow and I keep the button pressed the artist name

doesn't increment automatically (I would call this auto-scroll), I have to separately press for each step. There are 52 artists so I'll have to press 52 times to browse the

artists presets side to side.

Is there way to enable a function like auto-scroll when browsing the presets? A combination of buttons or something?

I am new to playing electric is for me it's a lot of fun learning from the presets of so many artists so I am concerned that the navigation button will ran-out

pretty quick if I keep on presing so many times. Like I said browsing the artist presets side to side takes 52 cliks, doing that 3 times means 156 clicks and so on.

Best regards,

Alex

Re: SPIDER IV 150 Artist Presets
by nikhilhd on 2011-04-11 16:29:12

As far as I know, there is no way to "auto-scroll".  On a related note, if you are editing effect parameters in Edit Mode, then you can press and hold the Preset button while adjusting parameters and 'cool' things will happen.  See for yourself!

RE: SPIDER IV 150 Artist Presets
by laplayantonio on 2011-04-13 02:56:57

hi alex

in http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1538you can get the artist preset list, this can be of help

line6antonio

Re: SPIDER IV 150 Artist Presets
by RAlex975 on 2011-04-13 14:33:53

yeah! Cool stuff this Preset button trick. Thanks!

It's also nice how you made the connection with "auto-scroll"...

Re: RE: SPIDER IV 150 Artist Presets
by RAlex975 on 2011-04-13 14:42:39

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for the reply.

I know this list, great refference but I was just looking for a way to browse faster through those 500+ presets...

Alex

by RAlex975 on 2011-04-15 12:58:35

Hi Antonio,

Thanks, but my question is about the posibillity of using auto-scroll.

I've saw the answer about SPIDER IV lacking this function, but I'm waiting for an answer from Line6.

My question still remains unanswered by Line6: How can I enable auto-scroll when browsing through the presets?

Best regards,

Alex

RE: SPIDER IV 150 Artist Presets
by Line6Hugo on 2011-04-15 16:06:30

Alex,

The is no way to enable auto-scroll on the Spider IV amp because that feature does not exist on the amp. It is just the nature of the device.

I would suggest submitting a feature request for this at the following link:

http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Regards,

by RAlex975 on 2011-04-15 23:44:08

Hi Hugo,

Ok.

I've sent the feature request.

Regards,

Alex

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.